Have you discovered misconduct on the part of your financial advisor? Did you suffer catastrophic losses due to their negligence? If so, reach out to an experienced investment loss lawyer in West Palm Beach.
Investment losses aren’t uncommon, and unfortunately, neither are stockbroker fraud or brokerage firm misconduct. Thankfully, when your losses are caused by your trusted financial team, you could initiate a complaint with the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) and potentially obtain restitution from the at-fault party.
At Wolper Law Firm, we are committed to getting justice for investors who have been taken advantage of by their broker-dealers and financial advisors. With a dedicated West Palm Beach investment loss lawyer by your side, you could dramatically increase your chances of winning the compensation that is rightfully yours.
Signs You Need an Investment Loss Lawyer in West Palm Beach
Seasoned investors know that the risk of investing can be high. Losing money isn’t rare in the financial industry. But losses should never be caused by the actions of your financial advisor. Whether you’re a new investor or a career investor, you’re always at risk of your broker taking advantage of you.
Fortunately, when this happens, you can do something about it. But how will you know whether you’ve been wronged by your financial advisor or brokerage firm? With so many different types of misconduct and fraud, it can be difficult to say. But here are some telltale signs that your broker could be responsible for your losses:
- The information about the investment was false or misleading.
- There have been numerous trades in your accounts.
- There are transactions in your accounts that you didn’t authorize.
- You notice an overconcentration in your portfolio.
- You remember feeling pressured to invest.
- A large amount of your securities were purchased on margin.
These are just a few common ways to tell that your broker may have not been acting in your best interests. You can reach out to your investment loss lawyer in West Palm Beach to further discuss the details of your case if you have other suspicions.
FINRA Arbitration for West Palm Beach Investment Losses
FINRA arbitration is one of the common ways that investors can get justice for their losses. Arbitration is similar to court in that both parties will present evidence and plead their case, but there are several differences, some of which include:
- Arbitration proceedings are overseen by a panel of arbitrators, not a judge.
- Decisions made in arbitration are final, meaning you cannot appeal.
- Court could take many years, while arbitration can be resolved in under eighteen months in many cases.
- In arbitration, liable parties must compensate investors within thirty days of a decision, but it could be years, if ever, before you are compensated if you go to court.
Meet with an Investment Loss Lawyer in West Palm Beach, Florida
If you are ready to do something about the broker who wronged you, you can contact a respected West Palm Beach investment loss lawyer at Wolper Law Firm for help. To schedule your free, no-obligation consultation, simply give our office a call at 800.931.8452 or complete the quick contact form below.