Did You Lose Large Amounts of Money in Investments?
Our Georgia Securities Fraud Attorneys Assist Individual Investors Who Have Suffered Losses.
Many Georgians invest in stocks and other financial securities to save for retirement and other objectives. Securities are very complex, so it is natural to trust finance professionals to properly invest your money in line with your goals and risk tolerance. But if you have suffered significant financial losses, you may be unsure whether bad luck or bad advice caused you to lose your money. An experienced Georgia securities lawyer who focuses on helping individual investors can help you discover the truth.
Our Georgia Securities Fraud Attorney Will Address Your Investment Concerns
If you have lost substantial money in an investment and are unsure what happened, our Georgia securities attorneys can review your situation and help you find out. If it appears that you were the victim of intentional misconduct or even unintentional negligence, we’ll advise you about potentially recouping your money through a legal claim. Reach out to arrange a free consultation with one of our Georgia securities attorneys at Wolper Law Firm today by calling 855.453.8617. Our securities lawyers are dedicated to recovering investment losses. We recover money in over 99% of cases.
What Does a Securities Fraud Attorney Do?
Securities attorneys provide counsel and representation in matters related to the securities market, in compliance with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission regulations. Securities include stocks, stock options, bonds, mutual funds, exchange-traded funds, and other financial assets and instruments.
Our Georgia securities attorneys focus exclusively on helping individual investors who have lost money in the market and believe their financial advisors or brokers wronged them.
Our hardworking attorneys painstakingly pursue legal claims for recovery on behalf of clients. Our attorneys are exceptionally qualified to help aggrieved investors recoup losses.
Why Choose Us
We understand that you have options when choosing a Georgia securities fraud lawyer. Securities fraud litigation in Georgia is a competitive business. We are proud to maintain that Wolper Law Firm’s Georgia legal team contains some of our most experienced securities fraud lawyers. We work tirelessly to protect our clients’ rights. Our reputation as outstanding Georgia securities fraud attorneys is a point of pride at Wolper Law Firm. Across Georgia, no matter your location, you can turn to Wolper Law Firm for our top-quality securities fraud representation in Georgia.
Our bragging points concerning Wolper Law Firm’s Georgia securities fraud legal team include:
- Our Georgia securities fraud lawyers have recovered damages for wronged investors at the astonishing rate of 99%.
- We regularly receive grateful testimonials from our Georgia clients after they have benefited from our exceptional services.
- Wolper Law Firm serves clients in Georgia, all across the U.S., and internationally.
- Our lawyers have recovered millions of dollars in damages for wronged investors.
- We use a trial-tested approach to investment loss, devised to reveal misconduct and bring the offending parties to justice.
- Our top attorneys have successfully litigated hundreds of national securities issues in federal and state courts, and the American Arbitration Association, Financial Industry Regulatory Authority, and JAMS: Mediation, Arbitration, and ADR.
- Our Georgia securities fraud law team offers free consultations so you can meet our team, have your questions answered, and learn more about your legal options.
- If you need effective, driven results on your Georgia securities fraud case, Wolper Law Firm has the legal team for you.
If you are suspicious of your investment losses, we offer a zero-obligation, free consultation to determine if Wolper Law Firm is right for you.
How Do You Know if You Need a Georgia Securities Lawyer for Investment Losses?
Every investment carries a risk — some carry more risk than others. When you invest in the securities market and lose money, it doesn’t necessarily mean that your financial advisor or stockbroker did anything wrong. You cannot bring a legal claim against your advisor or broker simply because you are upset about an investment loss. However, if you believe your advisor was guilty of misconduct, fraud, or even unintentional negligence, you may have a legal claim. Our Georgia securities lawyers can help you discover whether you have a claim by examining your account statements, communications with your advisor, and other evidence.
We deliver personalized and responsive service throughout Georgia and can be reached seven days a week online or by calling 855.453.8617.
How Financial Advisors and Brokers Cost Investors Money
Financial advisors and brokers have a fiduciary duty to act in the best interests of their clients. When they fail to do so, they can be held legally accountable in Georgia. Here are some common ways that the actions of so-called financial professionals in the securities industry cost innocent investors money:
- By recommending unsuitable investments that do not align with the client’s financial objectives and risk tolerance
- By placing a client in a complex and speculative investment and then misrepresenting the risk
- By excessively trading in securities accounts, which is called churning, to generate commissions for themselves
- By engaging in unauthorized trading in non-discretionary accounts
- By stealing money, or embezzling, from customers’ investment accounts.
You are not alone if you have lost money to a dishonest or careless financial broker, advisor, or brokerage firm. At Wolper Law Firm, our business is recovering investment losses. Read on to find out what recourse you may have.
Frequently Asked Questions About Georgia Securities Law
The following responses answer common securities law questions. Contact our firm to arrange your free consultation if you have questions regarding a current case.
Yes, you can sue companies for securities fraud in Georgia. If you have suffered a loss due to securities fraud and your case complies with the requisite elements, you may be able to bring a successful legal claim against the company responsible for your losses. Contact the Georgia securities fraud lawyers at Wolper Law Firm to gain more insight into your legal options.
To be convicted in Georgia, the prosecution must first prove the elements of securities fraud beyond a reasonable doubt. The elements of securities fraud are:
- The defendant omitted or misrepresented financial information to a securities buyer or seller, AND that omission or misrepresentation is considered important information;
- The defendant knew their assertions were deceptive;
- The defendant’s omission or misrepresentation caused a sale or purchase of securities by the victim;
- The victim relied on the defendant’s information;
- The victim suffered an economic loss; AND
- The defendant’s misinformation was a direct cause of the victim’s economic loss.
Generally, you must bring most statutory fraud claims within two years of when a reasonably diligent investor would have uncovered the offense of fraud or misrepresentation. This may sound like plenty of time, but it is a surprisingly short time limit for investors who have been defrauded. If you believe you have been the victim of securities fraud, it is critical that you speak with a skilled Georgia securities fraud attorney as soon as possible.
Georgia’s securities and investment fraudsters are subject to federal and state laws. Depending upon the severity of the offense, Georgia’s financial professionals may face the following punishments:
- They may lose their right to work in securities
- Regulatory bodies may take away their licenses
- They may be fined
- They may face criminal prosecution, which may involve criminal fines and imprisonment
Securities fraud can happen in Georgia for various reasons. Sometimes brokers and financial advisors get greedy and intentionally commit fraud to gain wealth. Other times, the financial advisor may simply be negligent. They may have made a mistake, misjudged their abilities, given bad advice, or mishandled your portfolio. However, this is more than an honest mistake. A negligent mistake is one that a financial professional should not make.
Regardless of the reason, a financial professional’s breach of fiduciary duty can cost investors money. The securities industry is complicated, and fraud does occur. It is common for investors to remain unsuspecting of dubious behavior and simply blame their misfortune on back luck. Fraudulent and negligent financial professionals must be held accountable to prevent them from harming others.
Investment fraud happens more frequently than many people think. In 2020, the U.S. Sentencing Commission reported 64,565 investment fraud cases across the country. However, it is difficult to say how many more cases went unreported.
Georgians lost $26.4 million through investment scams in 2021. Many of these Georgians were contacted randomly via phone or responded to an advertisement on social media promising high returns and no risk but requiring immediate action.
Georgia’s securities investors are protected by several laws, including the Federal Securities Act of 1933 and the Georgia Uniform Securities Act of 2008. The federal act allows investors to obtain financial information regarding public securities offerings. The SEC can also regulate and penalize brokerage firms.
In addition to federal law, Georgia has set its own laws to help protect its investors. The Georgia Securities Division regulates securities activity throughout the state to promote financial literacy and protect investors from investment fraud.
If you need personalized answers about a potential securities fraud claim in Georgia, it is important that you seek legal guidance from an experienced and reputable lawyer. The Georgia securities fraud attorneys at Wolper Law Firm offer a free consultation to answer your questions, analyze your case, and explain your rights and legal options. Contact them today to arrange your zero-obligation, free consultation — call 855.453.8681.
Are You Suspicious About Your Broker?
Common Warning Signs of Securities Fraud and Negligence
The securities market naturally fluctuates, so if an account shows losses, it does not necessarily indicate securities fraud or negligence. However, if you are seeing significant losses that you cannot explain, securities misconduct could be the reason. Pay attention to these warning signs:
- A sudden, significant, and unexpected loss in your portfolio
- Transactions you do not recognize and did not authorize
- Many frequent trades that your broker cannot explain
- The overall market is on a high, but your accounts are losing a great deal of money
- Your broker is not returning your phone calls or seems disinterested
- Your broker recommends very complex investments that you cannot understand
- Past investments your broker has recommended and placed you in are all losing money.
These are some of the common signs of misconduct. However, if you suspect something is wrong, consider letting our Georgia securities lawyer investigate for you. We may be able to identify misconduct before it costs you money.
Recovering Investment Losses Through Arbitration or Litigation
Depending upon your circumstances and the details of your securities accounts, you may be eligible to bring your claim before an arbitration panel or litigate your case in Georgia’s civil court.
The Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) is a United States government-authorized organization that oversees the country’s brokers and brokerage firms. FINRA and the SEC can hold brokers and financial advisors accountable for misconduct through fines, license suspensions, and other means.
Our securities attorneys arbitrate FINRA cases nationwide. If your claim is eligible for FINRA arbitration, our Georgia attorneys can help you.
If you are not bound to arbitration, you may have the option of suing the investment advisor or other securities professional who wronged you. To recover investment losses for our clients whom unscrupulous financial advisors have victimized, our Georgia securities attorneys are ready, willing, and able to take cases through the trial phase.
Reach Out to a Diligent Securities Lawyer
Once we learn all the details of your case, we’ll advise you about the paths to financial recovery that may be available. Call our Georgia securities lawyers today to arrange a free, no-obligation consultation at 855.453.8617.
Safeguard Your Investment Money
Work with Reputable Financial Advisors and Brokers
It pays to know whom you are trusting with your securities investment money. You can check broker, brokerage firm, and financial adviser credentials by visiting:
You can further protect yourself from becoming a victim by taking some precautions that include:
- Saying no to investment opportunities that sound too good to be true
- Not allowing yourself to be pushed into quick investment decisions
- Walking away from securities that don’t have documentation
- Not buying unregistered securities
- Ignoring anyone who contacts you with an unsolicited securities offering.
If you believe you have been the victim of fraud, contact our Georgia securities fraud lawyers today for help.
Contact Our Experienced Georgia Securities Lawyer for Fraud Cases
To begin the process of holding accountable the individual or company that caused your investment loss, schedule a free, confidential consultation with Wolper Law Firm. Our Georgia securities attorneys stand up assertively for the rights of defrauded investors. Call us at 855.453.8617 to learn how we can help you recover your money.