Lose money after investing in a GPB Capital Holdings Fund? take action
We can help recover your investment loss. Free consultations, always. CONTACT US

How to File a Complaint Against a Financial Advisor

Investors know that every investment opportunity comes with a risk, but when your financial advisor has engaged in misconduct that has resulted in significant investment losses, you may be able to recover these losses by filing a complaint against them through the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA).

However, many investors have no idea what the arbitration process entails or how to seek financial recovery. Read on to learn more about when it is appropriate to initiate a FINRA arbitration complaint, and how you can go about filing yours.

Reasons to File a Complaint against a Broker

The main reason to file a complaint against a broker isn’t just because you lost money in the stock market, it’s because the reason you lost money is due to their negligence or misconduct. You certainly aren’t the financial advisor’s only client, and if they are defrauding you, they are likely defrauding other investors, as well.

By filing a complaint against your financial advisor, you may be able to recover the losses you endured, bring the misconduct to light, and prevent the broker from defrauding other investors for their own financial gain.

Initiating a FINRA Complaint

There are several ways you can initiate a FINRA arbitration complaint. First, reach out to an experienced attorney who can help you understand and navigate the arbitration process and fight to ensure you are fully compensated for your losses.

Then, fill out a statement of claim, which details the losses you suffered, how broker negligence or misconduct caused the losses, and all other relevant information. This form can then be submitted on FINRA’s website or through the mail with the assistance of your attorney.

Contact a FINRA Arbitration Lawyer for Help

If you are interested in learning more about filing a complaint against a broker or financial advisor and would like to further discuss the details of your investment losses with a qualified FINRA arbitration lawyer at Wolper Law Firm, contact our office to schedule a no-cost, no-obligation consultation. You can do so by completing the secured contact form below or by giving our office a call at 800.931.8452.

Now is the time to talk to an investment loss recovery lawyer. We can help recover your investment loss. Free consultations, always.
or call 800.931.8452
Main Office - Fort Lauderdale

1250 S. Pine Island Road
Suite 325
Plantation, FL 33324
Phone: 800.931.8452

Additional Office Locations (by appointment only)

3355 Lenox Road
Suite 7
Atlanta, GA 30326


13295 N. Illinois St.
Suite 314
Indianapolis, IN 46032

New York City

275 Madison Avenue
Suite 705
New York, NY 10016


3102 Maple Ave.
Suite 400
Dallas, TX 75201


5933 NE Win Sivers Drive
Suite 205
Portland, OR 97220


7900 E. Union Ave.
Suite 1100
Denver, CO 80237


1700 Park Street
Suite 103
Naperville, IL 60563


1001 Fourth Ave.
Seattle, WA 98154