Signature Investors Terminated David Ferwerda For Allegedly Selling Unapproved Investments
The Wolper Law Firm is currently investigating claims against David Ferwerda, a former Financial Advisor at Signature Investors in Grand Rapid, Michigan. David Ferwerda has been in the securities industry since the 1980s and previously worked at Valic Financial Advisors and the Variable Annuity Marketing Company.
According to publicly available records released by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), in March 2018, David Ferwerda was discharged by Signature Investors based on the allegation that he was involved “in the sale of unapproved outside investments in violation of firm policy.” This illegal sales practice is referred to as “selling away” and is strictly prohibited by applicable rules and regulations.
This alleged sales practice violation spawned an investigation by the Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs and remains ongoing.
If you or someone you know was a customer of David Ferwerda and you experienced investment losses, please contact the Wolper Law Firm at 800.931.8452 or by email at email@example.com to discuss your specific situation and the legal options available. The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration.
- Former Vestech Securities Broker, Randy T. Carpen, Barred By FINRA For Failure To Cooperate Into Investigation Of Alleged Excessive Trading
- Former Van Clemens Broker, Peter D. Monson, Suspended Six Months By FINRA For Alleged Excessive And Unsuitable Trading
- The Wolper Law Firm Files $1 Million FINRA Arbitration Claim Against Lighthouse Capital Group Based On The Recommendations Of Financial Advisors, Rena Morris And Stephen Holt
- Former National Securities Corp. Broker, Jason Hawke, Has Eight Customer Complaints, Two Employment Terminations And A Regulatory Sanction
- Former Valic Financial Advisors Broker, Antonio Gutierriez Puente, Barred By FINRA For Failing To Cooperate In Investigation Into Whether He Engaged In Private Securities Transaction
- Cetera Advisor Networks Broker, Victor Rigoni, Has Six Disclosed Customer Complaints, Including Two Pending And Three Settled Complaints
- Investors In Market Linked Notes And Steepener Notes Continue To Experience Loss Of Principal And Income
- Investors In Market Linked CDs Continue To Experience Loss Of Principal And Income
- Recovery Options For Investors Who Purchases GPB Capital Through Kalos Broker, Gary Imel
- Former Cape Securities And Current IBN Financial Services Broker, Kevin Meadows, Suspended Three Months By FINRA