Signature Investors Terminated David Ferwerda For Allegedly Selling Unapproved Investments
The Wolper Law Firm is currently investigating claims against David Ferwerda, a former Financial Advisor at Signature Investors in Grand Rapid, Michigan. David Ferwerda has been in the securities industry since the 1980s and previously worked at Valic Financial Advisors and the Variable Annuity Marketing Company.
According to publicly available records released by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), in March 2018, David Ferwerda was discharged by Signature Investors based on the allegation that he was involved “in the sale of unapproved outside investments in violation of firm policy.” This illegal sales practice is referred to as “selling away” and is strictly prohibited by applicable rules and regulations.
This alleged sales practice violation spawned an investigation by the Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs and remains ongoing.
If you or someone you know was a customer of David Ferwerda and you experienced investment losses, please contact the Wolper Law Firm at 800.931.8452 or by email at email@example.com to discuss your specific situation and the legal options available. The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration.
- Triad Sanctioned by FINRA for Violating Member Firm Rules on Supervising Financial Advisors
- Customer Disputes Pending Against First Republic Securities Co. Financial Advisor Matthew Babrick for Making Unsuitable Recommendations
- Customer Dispute Pending Against RBC Capital Markets Financial Advisor Gregory Dudzik for Making Unsuitable Recommendations
- Customer Complaint Alleging Unsuitability Pending Against RBC Capital Markets Investment Advisor Christopher Phillips
- Former Centaurus Financial Investment Advisor Galen Kopman the Subject of Pending Customer Complaint for Recommending Unsuitable Investments
- Former Morgan Stanley Investment Advisor Sumitro Pal Alleged to Have Engaged in Selling Away
- SEC Brings Enforcement Action Against GPB Capital Principals in $1.7B “Ponzi-Like Scheme”; Criminal Charges Also Brought
- Former Woodbury Investment Advisor Lisa Brumm Suspended and Fined for Making Unsuitable Recommendations to Investors
- Former Cambridge Investment Research Financial Advisor Michael Francoeur Barred After Selling Away
- Customer Complaint Pending Against MML Investors Services Financial Advisor Michael Nigro