Signature Investors Terminated David Ferwerda For Allegedly Selling Unapproved Investments
The Wolper Law Firm is currently investigating claims against David Ferwerda, a former Financial Advisor at Signature Investors in Grand Rapid, Michigan. David Ferwerda has been in the securities industry since the 1980s and previously worked at Valic Financial Advisors and the Variable Annuity Marketing Company.
According to publicly available records released by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), in March 2018, David Ferwerda was discharged by Signature Investors based on the allegation that he was involved “in the sale of unapproved outside investments in violation of firm policy.” This illegal sales practice is referred to as “selling away” and is strictly prohibited by applicable rules and regulations.
This alleged sales practice violation spawned an investigation by the Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs and remains ongoing.
If you or someone you know was a customer of David Ferwerda and you experienced investment losses, please contact the Wolper Law Firm at 800.931.8452 or by email at email@example.com to discuss your specific situation and the legal options available. The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration.
- Former LPL Financial And Current Royal Alliance Broker, Kevin Barletta, Supsended by FINRA For Two Months And Fined $5,000 For Alleged Improper Trading Practices With REITs
- Former Ameriprise Financial Services, Inc. Broker, Sean Refsnider, Barred By FINRA For Allegedly Converting Assets From An Elderly Client
- Barred Former Financial Services, Inc. Broker, Johnathan Freeze, Has Nine Costumer Complaint Disclosures
- Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Broker, Forrest Jones, Under Investigation By The United States Securities And Exchange Commission
- Former Fortune Financial Services Broker, Jeffrey Butler, Has Had Five Customer Complaint Disclosures
- W & S Brokerage Services, Inc. Broker, Marcus Beasley, Sanctioned And Discharged For Allegedly Engaging In Outside Business Activity
- Former AXA Advisors LLC Broker, Jenna Kang, Barred By FINRA For Failing To Cooperate With Investigation Regarding Whether She Improperly Signed Customer Forms
- Former Vision Brokerage Services, LLC Broker, Dwight Dykstra, Supsended by FINRA For One Year And Fined $10,000, For Allegedly Engaging In Private Securities Transactions
- Four Points Capital Partners LLC Broker, Michael Christopher Martino, Has Had Five Customer Complaint Disclosures
- Former Woodbury Financial Services, Inc. Broker, Ronald Hannes, Barred By FINRA For Failing To Cooperate With FINRA Investigation Regarding The Conversion Of Client Assets