Newbridge Securities Financial Advisor, Peter Goffin, Has Nine Customer Complaints
Peter Goffin is a Financial Advisor at Newbridge Securities Corporation in Boca Raton, FL. Peter Goffin has been in the securities industry since 1987 and previously worked at Wachovia Securities Financial Network, JW Charles Securities and Commvest Securities.
According to publicly available records released by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), Peter Goffin is the subject of nine customer complaints, including the following:
- March 2019 – “CLAIMANT ALLEGES: BREACH OF FIDUCIARY DUTY, BREACH OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE.” The alleged damages are $150,000 and the matter is currently pending.
- July 2003 – “ATTORNEY FOR FLORIDA RESIDENT CLAIMS MUTUAL FUND PURCHASES AUGUST 1999 WERE UNSUITABLE BASED ON CLIENT’S AGE, INVESTMENT OBJECTIVES, AND NET WORTH.” The matter settled for $16,500.
- July 2003 – “ATTORNEY FOR FLORIDA RESIDENT CLAIMS MUTUAL FUNDS PURCHASED IN 2000 WERE UNSUITABLE GIVEN CLIENT’S AGE, NET WORTH, AND INVESTMENT OBJECTIVES.” The matter settled for $29,500.
- October 1993 – “UNSUITABILITY – DAMAGES ALLEGED APPROX $20,000.” An arbitration panel awarded the customer $48,000.
In addition, the NASD censured Peter Goffin in 1995, ordered disgorgement of commissions and fined hin $5,000.
For a copy of Peter Goffin’s CRD, click https://brokercheck.finra.org/individual/summary/1617710#disclosuresSection.
Financial advisors have a legal and regulatory obligation to recommend only suitable investments that are appropriate for their clients’ needs and objectives. Their employing brokerage firm has a legal and regulatory obligation to supervise the Financial Advisors’ sales practices and dealings with clients. To the extent any of these duties are breached, the customer may be entitled to a recovery of his or her investment losses.
The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration on a contingency fee basis. Matt Wolper, the Managing Principal of the Wolper Law Firm, is a trial lawyer who has handled hundreds of securities cases during his career involving a wide range of products, strategies and securities. Prior to representing investors, he was a partner with a national law firm, where he represented some of the largest banks and brokerage firms in the world in securities matters. We can be reached at 800.931.8452 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Investment Loss Recovery Options For Investors In The 1INMM Capital, LLC Ponzi Scheme Perpetrated By Actor Zachary Horwitz a/k/a Zachary Avery
- J.W. Cole Financial, Inc. Sanctioned by FINRA for Sales Practices Relating To Sales And Supervision Of LJM Preservation & Growth Fund
- Cambridge Investment Research, Inc., Sanctioned by FINRA for Sales Practices Relating To Sales And Supervision Of LJM Preservation & Growth Fund
- Former Torch Securities Broker Jeremy Johnson Barred By FINRA After Allegedly Making Misrepresentations To Customers
- Former Lincoln Douglas Investments Broker Herbert G. Frey Sanctioned By FINRA For Alleged Unauthorized Trading
- Two Customer Complaints Pending Against Ausdal Financial Partners, Inc. Investment Advisor and Broker Kurt Baldry
- Concorde Investment Services Broker, Mark Huber, Has Two Customer Complaints, Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct
- Unsuitability Allegations Pending Against Previously Registered Voya Financial Advisors, Inc. Financial Advisor and Broker David R. Wall
- Common Types of Alternative Investments
- Did You Purchase GPB Capital Holdings Private Placements Through McNally Financial Services Or Daniel Poland