INVESTOR WARNING—Did/Do You Invest Your Money With Jack Griffith At Janney Montgomery Scott Or Ameriprise Financial Services, Inc.?
The Wolper Law Firm is currently investigating claims against Jack Griffith, a Financial Advisor at Janney Montgomery Scott in Columbia, South Carolina. Jack Griffith’s past employments include Ameriprise Advisor Services and AG Edwards.
Jack Griffith has three pending customer complaints against him, alleging combined damages of more than $4.5 million:
- January 2018—Customer alleges that “Financial Advisor made questionable recommendations for the client’s account, exposed the client to overconcentration and breached his fiduciary duty.” Alleged damages of $200,000.
- January 2018—Customer alleges that “Financial Advisor made unsuitable investments in their accounts.” Alleged damages are $150,000.
- February 2017—Customer alleges that “Financial Advisor recommended unsuitable securities and caused the client’s accounts to be over-concentrated in energy investments.” Alleged damages are $4.26 million.
In addition to the aforementioned customer complaints, Jack Griffith has two additional customer complaints from 2011 and 2014, where it is alleged that he sold the customers unsuitable securities or misrepresented material facts.
Suitability is one of the most common legal claims brought in securities arbitration and litigation matters. Financial Advisors are required by law to only recommend investments to their customers that are appropriate for their needs and objectives. If the Financial Advisor breaches this duty, he and his employing brokerage firm can be held liable for any investment losses realized by the customer.
If you or someone you know was a customer of Jack Griffith and you experienced investment losses, please contact the Wolper Law Firm at 800.931.8452 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your specific situation and the legal options available. The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration.
- Investment Loss Recovery Options For Investors In The 1INMM Capital, LLC Ponzi Scheme Perpetrated By Actor Zachary Horwitz a/k/a Zachary Avery
- J.W. Cole Financial, Inc. Sanctioned by FINRA for Sales Practices Relating To Sales And Supervision Of LJM Preservation & Growth Fund
- Cambridge Investment Research, Inc., Sanctioned by FINRA for Sales Practices Relating To Sales And Supervision Of LJM Preservation & Growth Fund
- Former Torch Securities Broker Jeremy Johnson Barred By FINRA After Allegedly Making Misrepresentations To Customers
- Former Lincoln Douglas Investments Broker Herbert G. Frey Sanctioned By FINRA For Alleged Unauthorized Trading
- Two Customer Complaints Pending Against Ausdal Financial Partners, Inc. Investment Advisor and Broker Kurt Baldry
- Concorde Investment Services Broker, Mark Huber, Has Two Customer Complaints, Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct
- Unsuitability Allegations Pending Against Previously Registered Voya Financial Advisors, Inc. Financial Advisor and Broker David R. Wall
- Common Types of Alternative Investments
- Did You Purchase GPB Capital Holdings Private Placements Through McNally Financial Services Or Daniel Poland