INVESTOR WARNING—Did/Do You Invest Your Money With Jack Griffith At Janney Montgomery Scott Or Ameriprise Financial Services, Inc.?
The Wolper Law Firm is currently investigating claims against Jack Griffith, a Financial Advisor at Janney Montgomery Scott in Columbia, South Carolina. Jack Griffith’s past employments include Ameriprise Advisor Services and AG Edwards.
Jack Griffith has three pending customer complaints against him, alleging combined damages of more than $4.5 million:
- January 2018—Customer alleges that “Financial Advisor made questionable recommendations for the client’s account, exposed the client to overconcentration and breached his fiduciary duty.” Alleged damages of $200,000.
- January 2018—Customer alleges that “Financial Advisor made unsuitable investments in their accounts.” Alleged damages are $150,000.
- February 2017—Customer alleges that “Financial Advisor recommended unsuitable securities and caused the client’s accounts to be over-concentrated in energy investments.” Alleged damages are $4.26 million.
In addition to the aforementioned customer complaints, Jack Griffith has two additional customer complaints from 2011 and 2014, where it is alleged that he sold the customers unsuitable securities or misrepresented material facts.
Suitability is one of the most common legal claims brought in securities arbitration and litigation matters. Financial Advisors are required by law to only recommend investments to their customers that are appropriate for their needs and objectives. If the Financial Advisor breaches this duty, he and his employing brokerage firm can be held liable for any investment losses realized by the customer.
If you or someone you know was a customer of Jack Griffith and you experienced investment losses, please contact the Wolper Law Firm at 800.931.8452 or by email at email@example.com to discuss your specific situation and the legal options available. The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration.
- Learn How Due Diligence Regulations Protect Investors Seeking Private Placement Transactions
- Triad Investors LLC, Broker and The Just Company Investment Adviser, Mark Just, Has Six Customer Complaints, Including Complaints For The Sale Of Alternative Investments
- Former Stifel, Nicolaus & Company, Inc. Broker Joseph H. Pratt Barred by FINRA for Insider Trading; Customer Complaint Pending
- Former Dinosaur Financial Group, LLC Broker and Investment Adviser David Karandos Has Six Customer Complaints, Including 3 Pending Complaints Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct
- Former Ameriprise Financial Services Broker and Investment Adviser Angel Bardeche Fined and Suspended After Engaging in Unsuitable Mutual Fund Trading for Clients
- Benjamin F. Edwards and Co., Inc. Broker John Griner Fined and Suspended After Allegedly Improperly Exercising Discretion Without Proper Authorization
- FINRA Reports That Margin Levels in Customer Accounts Have Reached All-Time Highs of More Than $722 Billion
- How to Stop Stock Loss Caused by Your Broker-Dealer
- Former LPL Financial LLC Broker, Maziar Monshi, Has Had Three Customer Complaint Disclosures Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct
- Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated Broker, John Gatto, Has Had Eight Customer Complaint Disclosures Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct