- August 10, 2018
- Janney Montgomery Scott
The Wolper Law Firm, P.A. is currently investigating claims against Christopher Sinkula, a Financial Advisor at Janney Montgomery in Stuart, FL. Christopher Sinkula has been in the securities industry since the 1980s and previously worked at Citigroup and AG Edwards
According to publicly available records released by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), Christopher Sinkula has been the subject of an eye popping ten (10) customer complaints for various sales practice violations, including over-concentration, unsuitability, and misrepresentation. Among the specific complaints against Christopher Sinkula include:
- April 2018—“Claimant alleges that unsuitable investments were made in their accounts.” Alleged damages are $2.3 million and the matter remains pending.
- April 2018—“Claimant alleges that unsuitable investments were made in his account.” Alleged damages are $1 million and the matter remains pending.
- October 2017—“Claimant alleges that FA made unsuitable investments in his account by creating high concentration in energy stocks.” The matter was settled for $24,750.
- August 2017—“Claimant alleges that FA made unsuitable investments in his account by creating high concentration in energy stocks.” The matter was settled for $22,900.
- April 2012—“Client alleges that his financial advisor misrepresented and failed to adequately understand the risks and features associated with a variable annuity…” The matter was settled for $200,000.
To review the disclosure history for Christopher Sinkula, click https://www.sec.gov/litigation/complaints/2018/comp24206.pdf.
Financial advisors have a legal and regulatory obligation to recommend only suitable investments that are appropriate for their clients’ needs and objectives. Their employing brokerage firm (in this case Fairport Capital) has a legal and regulatory obligation to supervise the Financial Advisors’ sales practices and dealings with clients. To the extent any of these duties are breached, the customer may be entitled to a recovery of his or her investment losses.
If you or someone you know was a customer of Christopher Sinkula and you experienced investment losses, please contact the Wolper Law Firm, P.A. at 800.931.8452 or by email at email@example.com to discuss your specific situation and the legal options available. The Wolper Law Firm, P.A. represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration.
Matt Wolper, the Managing Principal of the Wolper Law Firm, P.A., is a trial lawyer who has handled hundreds of securities cases during his career involving a wide range of products, strategies and securities. Prior to representing investors, he was a partner with a national law firm, where he represented some of the largest banks and brokerage firms in the world in securities matters.