Citigroup Global Markets Inc.
This firm was formerly Salomon Smith Barney Inc. and changed its name in 2003. Citigroup was founded in 1998. The firm is based in New York, New York and operates as a subsidiary of Citigroup Financial Products Inc.
- Citi Research
- Bundle Corporation
- Citi Investment Research & Analysis
- Citi Global Markets Financial Products LLC
- Citigroup Global Markets Puerto Rico, Inc.
- Citigroup Global Markets Ltd. (Ireland)
- Citigroup Global Markets Assessoria Ltd
- Citigroup Global Markets, Inc., Investment Arm
- Citigroup Global Markets, Inc., Asset Management Arm
- Smith Barney Harris Upham International Inc.
- Citigroup Global Markets (Italy)
- Sl Resid Holdings, LLC, and more.
Citigroup employs over 204,000 people.
Citigroup trades on NYSE as C, S&P 100 component and S&P 500 component. The firm’s 2018 revenue was $72.854 billion, with an operating income of $23.445 billion and net income of $18.080 billion. The firm’s total assets were $1.917 trillion in 2018 and total equity was $197 billion.
SEC Sanctions Multiple Brokerage Firms Over Text Messaging And WhatsApp
Citigroup Global Markets, Inc. — “From at least January 2018 to September 2021, CGMI employees sent and received off-channel communications that related to the business of the broker-dealer operated by CGMI. Respondent did not maintain or preserve the substantial majority of these written communications. CGMI’s failure was firm-wide and involved employees at all levels of authority. As a result, CGMI violated Section 17(a) of the Exchange Act and Rule 17a-4(b)(4) thereunder.” For a copy of the SEC sanction, click here.
Full list of SEC Sanctions over Text Messaging and WhatsApp here Full list of SEC Sanctions over Text Messaging and WhatsApp here