Wolper Law Firm Is Pursuing Recovery Options On Behalf Of Investors Who Experienced Losses In The Softbank Vision Fund
The SoftBank Vision Fund is a private placement security issued by SoftBank Group Corp., a Japanese company which is operated by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Masayoshi Son. The SoftBank Vision Fund raised approximately $100 billion in assets with an eye toward investing in several “start-up” companies.
Two of the largest investments made by the SoftBank Vision Fund were in privately held companies—WeWork and Uber—both companies that have had devastatingly poor fiscal years. In recent accounting, SoftBank Vision Fund has reportedly slashed its valuation of WeWorks by 80% after the company failed to complete its initial public offering. This has reportedly translated into losses of more than $8 billion.
In addition, SoftBank Vision Fund has written down large losses in Uber, the ride-sharing company, and Slack, an online collaboration hub for businesses. The SoftBank Vision Fund purchased majority stakes in these and other companies, which have been bleeding cash and, in turn, negatively impacting invetsors’ principal.
Proper management of private equity funds is essential to the long-term success of the fund. The fund managers have a fiduciary duty to prudently manage the assets. Moreover, Financial Advisors who recommend private equity funds have a fiduciary duty to conduct appropriate due diligence to ensure that the investment strategy is consistent with the needs and objectives of the investor. Failuire to adhere to these fiduciary responsibilities may result in legal liability for attenuating losses.
The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration on a contingency fee basis. Matt Wolper, the Managing Principal of the Wolper Law Firm, is a trial lawyer who has handled hundreds of securities cases during his career involving a wide range of products, strategies and securities. Prior to representing investors, he was a partner with a national law firm, where he represented some of the largest banks and brokerage firms in the world in securities matters. We can be reached at 800.931.8452 or by email at email@example.com.
- Investment Loss Recovery Options For Investors In The 1INMM Capital, LLC Ponzi Scheme Perpetrated By Actor Zachary Horwitz a/k/a Zachary Avery
- J.W. Cole Financial, Inc. Sanctioned by FINRA for Sales Practices Relating To Sales And Supervision Of LJM Preservation & Growth Fund
- Cambridge Investment Research, Inc., Sanctioned by FINRA for Sales Practices Relating To Sales And Supervision Of LJM Preservation & Growth Fund
- Former Torch Securities Broker Jeremy Johnson Barred By FINRA After Allegedly Making Misrepresentations To Customers
- Former Lincoln Douglas Investments Broker Herbert G. Frey Sanctioned By FINRA For Alleged Unauthorized Trading
- Two Customer Complaints Pending Against Ausdal Financial Partners, Inc. Investment Advisor and Broker Kurt Baldry
- Concorde Investment Services Broker, Mark Huber, Has Two Customer Complaints, Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct
- Unsuitability Allegations Pending Against Previously Registered Voya Financial Advisors, Inc. Financial Advisor and Broker David R. Wall
- Common Types of Alternative Investments
- Did You Purchase GPB Capital Holdings Private Placements Through McNally Financial Services Or Daniel Poland