First Standard Financial Co. Financial Advisor, Roy Failla, Subject To A Customer Complaint Alleging Damages Of $1.5MM
The Wolper Law Firm is currently investigating claims against Roy Failla, a Financial Advisor at First Standard Financial Co. in Staten Island, New York Roy Failla first entered the securities industry in the 1990s and previously worked for Brookstone Securities, JP Turner & Co and Gunallen Financial.
According to publicly available records released by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), on May 29, 2018, a customer of Roy Failla filed a complaint, alleging that “unauthorized trading and unsuitable investments.” Alleged damages are $1.5 million and the matter remains pending.
In 2010, Roy Failla was the subject of two additional customer complaints, both of which were settled. The first complaint, filed in February 2010, alleged “excessive and unauthorized trading, breach of fiduciary duty, misrepresentation and unsuitability.” The matter was settled for $75,000. The second complaint, filed in May 2010, alleged “churning, unsuitable trades and misrepresentation.” The matter was settled for $40,000.
Financial advisors have a legal and regulatory obligation to recommend only suitable investments that are appropriate for their clients’ needs and objectives. Their employing brokerage firm has a legal and regulatory obligation to supervise the Financial Advisors’ sales practices and dealings with clients. To the extent any of these duties are breached, the customer may be entitled to a recovery of his or her investment losses.
In addition, unauthorized trading is a serious allegation based upon a belief that the customer did not approve the purchase or sale of a security prior to execution of the trade. Financial Advisors who engage in unauthorized trading often do so to increase commissions earned from their clients’ accounts.
If you or someone you know was a customer of Roy Failla, and you experienced investment losses, please contact the Wolper Law Firm at 800.931.8452 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your specific situation and the legal options available. The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration.
Matt Wolper, the Managing Principal of the Wolper Law Firm, is a trial lawyers who has handled hundreds of securities cases during his career involving a wide range of products, strategies and securities. Prior to representing investors, he was a partner with a national law firm, where he represented some of the largest banks and brokerage firms in the world in securities matters. His industry insight, experience and knowledge gives his clients a competitive advantage.
- Investment Loss Recovery Options For Investors In The 1INMM Capital, LLC Ponzi Scheme Perpetrated By Actor Zachary Horwitz a/k/a Zachary Avery
- J.W. Cole Financial, Inc. Sanctioned by FINRA for Sales Practices Relating To Sales And Supervision Of LJM Preservation & Growth Fund
- Cambridge Investment Research, Inc., Sanctioned by FINRA for Sales Practices Relating To Sales And Supervision Of LJM Preservation & Growth Fund
- Former Torch Securities Broker Jeremy Johnson Barred By FINRA After Allegedly Making Misrepresentations To Customers
- Former Lincoln Douglas Investments Broker Herbert G. Frey Sanctioned By FINRA For Alleged Unauthorized Trading
- Two Customer Complaints Pending Against Ausdal Financial Partners, Inc. Investment Advisor and Broker Kurt Baldry
- Concorde Investment Services Broker, Mark Huber, Has Two Customer Complaints, Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct
- Unsuitability Allegations Pending Against Previously Registered Voya Financial Advisors, Inc. Financial Advisor and Broker David R. Wall
- Common Types of Alternative Investments
- Did You Purchase GPB Capital Holdings Private Placements Through McNally Financial Services Or Daniel Poland