Wolper Law Firm Is Investigating Claims Against Sanctioned Sandlapper Securities Financial Advisor, Austin Dutton, Who Has 13 Customer Complaints And A Regulatory Sanction
The Wolper Law Firm is currently investigating claims against Austin Dutton, a Financial Advisor at Sandlapper Securities in Doylestown, Pennsylvania. Austin Dutton first entered the securities industry in 1997.
According to publicly available records released by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), Austin Dutton has been the subject of thirteen (13) customer complaints for alleged sales practice violations and, in July 2017, was sanctioned $200,000 by the State of Pennsylvania. To have this many disclosures is rarely seen in the brokerage industry.
Austin Dutton has a long history of customer complaints, employment separations and regulatory investigations. In July 2017, Austin Dutton was sanctioned $200,000 by the State of Pennsylvania for the following alleged misconduct:
“Dutton recommended the purchase of a security to at least one customer without reasonable grounds to believe that the transaction was suitable for the customer. Dutton engaged in dishonest or unethical practices in the securities business by recommending to a customer the purchase, sale, or exchange of a security without reasonable grounds to believe that the transaction or recommendation was suitable for the customer based upon reasonable inquiry concerning the customer’s investment objectives, financial situation and needs and other relevant information known by the agent. This Order does not constitute a final order based on violations of any laws or regulations that prohibit fraudulent, manipulative or deceptive conduct.”
In addition, Austin Dutton has been the subject of myriad customer complaints, including eleven that are pending:
- June 2018—“Claimant alleges sale of unsuitable securities, negligence, breach of fiduciary duty and failure to supervise.” Alleged damages are $100,000.
- May 2018—“Claimant alleges unsuitable investments in his account resulted in damages.” Alleged damages are $130,000.
- May 2018—“Claimant alleges sale of unsuitable securities, negligence, breach of fiduciary duty.” Alleged damages are $225,000.
- April 2018—“Claimant alleges sale of unsuitable securities, negligence, breach of fiduciary duty and failure to supervise.” Alleged damages are $500,000.
- December 2017—“Claimant alleges sale of unsuitable securities, misrepresentations and omissions of material facts… Alleged damages are $150,000.
- December 2017—“Claimant alleges sale of unsuitable securities, misrepresentations and omissions of material facts… Alleged damages are $230,000.
For a full recitation of his complaint history, please click on the BrokerCheck link above.
On June 24, 2018, Sandlapper Securities was featured in a Wall Street Journal article for, in part, their hiring and retention of Financial Advisors with histories of regulatory infractions and customer complaints.
If you or someone you know was a customer of Austin Dutton or Sandlapper Securities and you experienced investment losses, please contact the Wolper Law Firm at 800.931.8452 or by email at email@example.com to discuss your specific situation and the legal options available. The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration.
- Learn How Due Diligence Regulations Protect Investors Seeking Private Placement Transactions
- Triad Investors LLC, Broker and The Just Company Investment Adviser, Mark Just, Has Six Customer Complaints, Including Complaints For The Sale Of Alternative Investments
- Former Stifel, Nicolaus & Company, Inc. Broker Joseph H. Pratt Barred by FINRA for Insider Trading; Customer Complaint Pending
- Former Dinosaur Financial Group, LLC Broker and Investment Adviser David Karandos Has Six Customer Complaints, Including 3 Pending Complaints Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct
- Former Ameriprise Financial Services Broker and Investment Adviser Angel Bardeche Fined and Suspended After Engaging in Unsuitable Mutual Fund Trading for Clients
- Benjamin F. Edwards and Co., Inc. Broker John Griner Fined and Suspended After Allegedly Improperly Exercising Discretion Without Proper Authorization
- FINRA Reports That Margin Levels in Customer Accounts Have Reached All-Time Highs of More Than $722 Billion
- How to Stop Stock Loss Caused by Your Broker-Dealer
- Former LPL Financial LLC Broker, Maziar Monshi, Has Had Three Customer Complaint Disclosures Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct
- Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated Broker, John Gatto, Has Had Eight Customer Complaint Disclosures Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct