WestPark Capital Financial Advisor, Joseph Mangiapane, Sanctioned By The SEC
Joseph Mangiapane is a former Financial Advisor at WestPark Capital in Newport beach, California. Joseph Mangiapane first entered the securities industry in the 1980s and previously worked for a multitude of brokerage firms in California.
According to publicly available records released by the Securities Exchange Commission (SEC), on June 14, 2018, the SEC instituted proceedings against Joseph Mangiapane, alleging that “Mangiapane participated in a pump and dump scheme involving the unregistered stock of Asia Global Holdings Corp.
Contemporaneous with the filing of the action on June 14, 2018, the SEC announced that Joseph Mangiapane settled the charges against him and accepted a permanent bar, preventing him from working as a Financial Advisor.
WestPark Capital has a history of hiring Financial Advisors with histories of customer complaints and regulatory infractions. In June 2017, Reuters published a report analyzing data issued by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA). Reuters reported that “about half of the firm’s 95 brokers have FINRA flags on their records” and that “more than 47% of Westpark brokers once worked at firms that were later expelled by FINRA.”
A link to the Reuters article is at https://www.reuters.com/investigates/special-report/usa-finra-brokers/.
Separately, FINRA has fined Westpark Capital for failure to supervise its Financial Advisors’ sales practices, many of whom have multiple customer complaints, judgments, liens, or regulatory events disclosed on the FINRA BrokerCheck.
The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration on a contingency fee basis. Matt Wolper, the Managing Principal of the Wolper Law Firm, is a trial lawyer who has handled hundreds of securities cases during his career involving a wide range of products, strategies and securities. Prior to representing investors, he was a partner with a national law firm, where he represented some of the largest banks and brokerage firms in the world in securities matters. We can be reached at 800.931.8452 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- FINRA Accepts Settlement Offer From Cabot Lodge Securities After Alleged Violations of Supervisory and Suitability Rules
- Independent Financial Group Censured and Fined After Rule Violations on Suitability and Supervision Involving Non-Traded REITs
- FINRA Filed An Enforcement Action Against Former IFS Securities Broker Steven Schisler For Allegedly Selling Away
- Cetera Advisors Financial Advisor Patricia Gleason Has Pending Customer Complaint, Alleging Unsuitable Investment Recommendations
- Complaint Pending Against Crown Capital Securities Broker/Advisor John Nguyen for Allegedly Making Unsuitable Recommendations
- Wells Fargo Broker/Advisor Jason Jaynes Has Two Customer Complaints Alleging Unsuitable Investment Recommendations
- Customer Complaint Pending Against Former Sagepoint Financial And Union Capital Company Broker Daniel Dillard Alleging Unsuitable Recommendations
- Investment Loss Recovery Options For Investors In The 1INMM Capital, LLC Ponzi Scheme Perpetrated By Actor Zachary Horwitz a/k/a Zachary Avery
- J.W. Cole Financial, Inc. Sanctioned by FINRA for Sales Practices Relating To Sales And Supervision Of LJM Preservation & Growth Fund
- Cambridge Investment Research, Inc., Sanctioned by FINRA for Sales Practices Relating To Sales And Supervision Of LJM Preservation & Growth Fund