Newbridge Securities Corporation Financial Advisor, Michael Greenfield, Has Six Customer Complaints
Michael R. Greenfield is a Financial Advisor at Newbridge Securities Corporation in Boca Raton, FL. Michael Greenfield has been in the securities industry since 2008 and previously worked at The GMS Group, LLC, Morgan Stanley and Oppenheimer & Co.
According to publicly available records released by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), Michael Greenfield has been the subject of six (6) customer complaints during his career, alleging various sales practice misconduct. Among the complaints against Michael Greenfield include the following:
- January 2019 – “CLAIMANT ASSERTS CLAIMS OF NEGLIGENCE, NEGLIGENT SUPERVISION, BREACH OF CONTRACT AND BREACH OF FIDUCIARY DUTY RELATING TO PURCHASE OF MASTER LIMITED PARTNERSHIPS FROM 1/1/2014 TO UNSPECIFIED.” Alleged damages are $200,000. That matter is pending.
- June 2016 – “CLAIMANT ALLEGED UNSUITABILITY AND MISREPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO MUNICIPAL AND CORPORATE BONDS – 2013.” The claim alleges damages of $147,334 and is currently pending.
- December 6, 2016 – “CLIENT ALLEGES SECURITY WAS MISREPRESENTED TO HIM, NO TIME PERIOD SPECIFIED, BUT SECURITY PURCHASED DURING NOVEMBER 2014.” The matter settled for $10,000.
- April 2015 – “CLIENT ALLEGES AE RECOMMENDED UNSUITABLE INVESTMENTS DURING THE PERIOD OF AUGUST 2012 AND FEBRUARY 2013.” The matter settled for $15,000.
- August 2014 – “CLAIMANT ALLEGES, INTER ALIA, THAT BEGINNING IN AUGUST 2013 THE FA BREACHED HIS FIDUCIARY DUTY TO THE CLIENT BY RECOMMENDING AN UNSUITABLE INVESTMENT.” The matter settled for $35,000.
- September 2013 – “CLIENT ALLEGES UNSUITABILITY WITH RESPECT TO PURCHASE OF PR BONDS IN AUGUST 2013.” The matter settled for $5,940.07.
For a copy of Michael Greenfield’s CRD, click https://brokercheck.finra.org/individual/summary/5406611#disclosuresSection.
Financial advisors have a legal and regulatory obligation to recommend only suitable investments that are appropriate for their clients’ needs and objectives. Their employing brokerage firm has a legal and regulatory obligation to supervise the Financial Advisors’ sales practices and dealings with clients. To the extent any of these duties are breached, the customer may be entitled to a recovery of his or her investment losses.
The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration on a contingency fee basis. Matt Wolper, the Managing Principal of the Wolper Law Firm, is a trial lawyer who has handled hundreds of securities cases during his career involving a wide range of products, strategies and securities. Prior to representing investors, he was a partner with a national law firm, where he represented some of the largest banks and brokerage firms in the world in securities matters. We can be reached at 800.931.8452 or by email at email@example.com.
- FINRA Reports That Margin Levels in Customer Accounts Have Reached All-Time Highs of More Than $722 Billion
- How to Stop Stock Loss Caused by Your Broker-Dealer
- Former LPL Financial LLC Broker, Maziar Monshi, Has Had Three Customer Complaint Disclosures Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct
- Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated Broker, John Gatto, Has Had Eight Customer Complaint Disclosures Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct
- Wells Fargo Clearing Services, LLC Broker, Kevin Schaefer, Has Had Six Customer Complaint Disclosures Throughout His Career
- Former LPL Financial Broker, Michael Tavel, Suspended by FINRA for 18 Months After Allegedly Participating in Private Securities Transactions Away from His Member Firm
- R.F. Lafferty & Co., Inc. Broker Jay Tomlinson Suspended For Three Months and Fined After Allegations of Improperly Exercised Discretion Without Proper Authorization
- Customer Dispute Pending Against Morgan Stanley Broker and Investment Adviser Darryl Cohen for Alleged Misappropriation of Funds
- FINRA Regulatory Complaint Filed Against Investment Adviser and Former Westpark Capital, Inc. Broker, Gregory McCloskey, for Making Private Securities Transactions
- Former J.P. Morgan Securities LLC Financial Advisor, Paul Zakhary, Suspended and Fined By FINRA Over Suitability Rule Violations