National Securities Corp. Finanical Advisor, Leonard McAbee, Has Six Customer Complaints, Including Two Pending Complaints
The Wolper Law Firm is currently investigating claims against Leonard McAbee, a former Financial Advisor at National Securities Corp. in Lombard, Illinois. Leonard McAbee has been in the securities industry since 1990 and has previously worked for three brokerage firms that have since been expelled by FINRA.
According to publicly available records released by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), Leonard McAbee has been the subject of five customer complaints, alleging sales practice violations, including two pending complaints filed in 2018.
- December 2018—”UNAUTHORIZED TRADING, BREACH OF FIDUCIARY DUTY, NEGLIGENCE.” Alleged damages are $550,000 and the matter remains pending.
- September 2018—”SUITABILITY, MISRPRESENTATION & OMISSIONS.” Alleged damages are $90,000 and the matter remains pending.
- August 2015—”SUITABILITY, BREACH OF FIDUCIARY DUTY, MISREPRESENTATION AND OMISSIONS.” The matter was settled for $15,000.
- August 2013—”FRAUD, BREACH OF FIDUCIARY DUTY,SUITABILITY, CHURNING,EXCESSIVE COMMISSIONS, BREACH OF CONTRACT.” The matter was settled for $77,000.
For a copy of the Leonard McAbee’s CRD, click https://brokercheck.finra.org/individual/summary/2066347#disclosuresSection
In addition to the customer complaints, in 2012, Leonard McAbee was sanctioned by the State of Indiana for “ALLEGATIONS THAT THE RR MADE TRADES IN THE ACCOUNT OF ONE INDIANA RESIDENT ON THE DIRECTION OF A THIRD PARTY, WITHOUT A PROPERLY SIGNED POWER OF ATTORNEY, IN VIOLATION OF 710 IND. ADMIN. CODE 4-10-1(8).” Leonard McAbbee was fined $5,000.
Financial advisors have a legal and regulatory obligation to recommend only suitable investments that are appropriate for their clients’ needs and objectives. Their employing brokerage firm has a legal and regulatory obligation to supervise the Financial Advisors’ sales practices and dealings with clients. To the extent any of these duties are breached, the customer may be entitled to a recovery of his or her investment losses.
The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration on a contingency fee basis. Matt Wolper, the Managing Principal of the Wolper Law Firm, is a trial lawyer who has handled hundreds of securities cases during his career involving a wide range of products, strategies and securities. Prior to representing investors, he was a partner with a national law firm, where he represented some of the largest banks and brokerage firms in the world in securities matters. We can be reached at 800.931.8452 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Learn How Due Diligence Regulations Protect Investors Seeking Private Placement Transactions
- Triad Investors LLC, Broker and The Just Company Investment Adviser, Mark Just, Has Six Customer Complaints, Including Complaints For The Sale Of Alternative Investments
- Former Stifel, Nicolaus & Company, Inc. Broker Joseph H. Pratt Barred by FINRA for Insider Trading; Customer Complaint Pending
- Former Dinosaur Financial Group, LLC Broker and Investment Adviser David Karandos Has Six Customer Complaints, Including 3 Pending Complaints Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct
- Former Ameriprise Financial Services Broker and Investment Adviser Angel Bardeche Fined and Suspended After Engaging in Unsuitable Mutual Fund Trading for Clients
- Benjamin F. Edwards and Co., Inc. Broker John Griner Fined and Suspended After Allegedly Improperly Exercising Discretion Without Proper Authorization
- FINRA Reports That Margin Levels in Customer Accounts Have Reached All-Time Highs of More Than $722 Billion
- How to Stop Stock Loss Caused by Your Broker-Dealer
- Former LPL Financial LLC Broker, Maziar Monshi, Has Had Three Customer Complaint Disclosures Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct
- Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated Broker, John Gatto, Has Had Eight Customer Complaint Disclosures Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct