Merrill Lynch Financial Advisor Charles Kanahan The Subject Of 3 Customer Complaints In 2018
The Wolper Law Firm is currently investigating claims against Charles Kanahan, a Financial Advisor at Merrill Lynch in Boston, Mass. Charles Kanahan has been in the securities industry since the 1980s and, prior to Merrill Lynch, worked at Morgan Stanley, Bear, Stearns and Thomson McKinnon Securities .
According to publicly available records released by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), between February and May 2018, Charles Kanahan was the subject of three customer complaints, alleging unsuitable investments and excessive trading.
- May 2018—“Customer alleges excessive trading and unsuitable investment recommendations from 2012-2017.” Alleged damages are $700,000.
- March 2018—“Customer alleges excessive trading and unsuitable investment recommendations from 2012-2017.” Alleged damages are unspecified .
- February 2018—“Customer alleges excessive trading and unsuitable investment recommendations from 2012-2017.” Alleged damages are unspecified.
The governing rules and regulations require Financial Advisors to recommend investments that are suitable and appropriate for a customer given his/her stated investment objectives and risk tolerance. Failure to recommend suitable investments may entitle the customer to recovery of their investment losses.
If you or someone you know was a customer of Charles Kanahan and you experienced investment losses, please contact the Wolper Law Firm at 800.931.8452 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your specific situation and the legal options available. The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration.
- FINRA Reports That Margin Levels in Customer Accounts Have Reached All-Time Highs of More Than $722 Billion
- How to Stop Stock Loss Caused by Your Broker-Dealer
- Former LPL Financial LLC Broker, Maziar Monshi, Has Had Three Customer Complaint Disclosures Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct
- Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated Broker, John Gatto, Has Had Eight Customer Complaint Disclosures Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct
- Wells Fargo Clearing Services, LLC Broker, Kevin Schaefer, Has Had Six Customer Complaint Disclosures Throughout His Career
- Former LPL Financial Broker, Michael Tavel, Suspended by FINRA for 18 Months After Allegedly Participating in Private Securities Transactions Away from His Member Firm
- R.F. Lafferty & Co., Inc. Broker Jay Tomlinson Suspended For Three Months and Fined After Allegations of Improperly Exercised Discretion Without Proper Authorization
- Customer Dispute Pending Against Morgan Stanley Broker and Investment Adviser Darryl Cohen for Alleged Misappropriation of Funds
- FINRA Regulatory Complaint Filed Against Investment Adviser and Former Westpark Capital, Inc. Broker, Gregory McCloskey, for Making Private Securities Transactions
- Former J.P. Morgan Securities LLC Financial Advisor, Paul Zakhary, Suspended and Fined By FINRA Over Suitability Rule Violations