Merrill Lynch Financial Advisor Charles Kanahan The Subject Of 3 Customer Complaints In 2018
The Wolper Law Firm is currently investigating claims against Charles Kanahan, a Financial Advisor at Merrill Lynch in Boston, Mass. Charles Kanahan has been in the securities industry since the 1980s and, prior to Merrill Lynch, worked at Morgan Stanley, Bear, Stearns and Thomson McKinnon Securities .
According to publicly available records released by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), between February and May 2018, Charles Kanahan was the subject of three customer complaints, alleging unsuitable investments and excessive trading.
- May 2018—“Customer alleges excessive trading and unsuitable investment recommendations from 2012-2017.” Alleged damages are $700,000.
- March 2018—“Customer alleges excessive trading and unsuitable investment recommendations from 2012-2017.” Alleged damages are unspecified .
- February 2018—“Customer alleges excessive trading and unsuitable investment recommendations from 2012-2017.” Alleged damages are unspecified.
The governing rules and regulations require Financial Advisors to recommend investments that are suitable and appropriate for a customer given his/her stated investment objectives and risk tolerance. Failure to recommend suitable investments may entitle the customer to recovery of their investment losses.
If you or someone you know was a customer of Charles Kanahan and you experienced investment losses, please contact the Wolper Law Firm at 800.931.8452 or by email at email@example.com to discuss your specific situation and the legal options available. The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration.
- Former West Park Capital, Inc. and Laidlaw & Company LTD Broker, Bryan Mazliach, Investigated By FINRA For Alleged Violation Of FINRA Rules
- Former BMO Harris Financial Advisors, Inc. Broker, Lori Ann Sacco, Suspended Six Months By FINRA For Allegedly Altering Customer Account Documents
- Former Woodbury Financial Services, Inc. Broker, Jodie Lane, Suspended Six Months By FINRA For Allegedly Accepting Gifts And Becoming Beneficiary Of A Client
- Broker, Kimberley Schkade-Hill, Supsended by FINRA For Four Months And Fined $10,000 For Allegedly Having Clients Sign Documents In Blank
- LPL Financial LLC Broker, Matthew Clason, Is The Subject Of An SEC Enforcement Action For Allegedly Stealing Hundreds Of Thousands Of Dollars From A Client
- Former Capitol Securities Management Inc. Broker, Michael Rubel, Suspended By FINRA For 45 Days For Allegedly Engaging In Short-term Trading Of Unit Investment Trusts
- Recovering Your Investment Losses In Non-Traded Real Estate Investment Trusts And Business Development Companies
- Former Westpark Capital, Inc. Broker, Hary Datys, Suspended By FINRA For Fifteen Months For Allegedly Failing To Conduct Due Diligence Before Selling Promissory Notes
- Former Ameriprise Financial Services, LLC Advisor, Arthur Hoffman, Barred By FINRA For Allegedly Failing To Provide Documents In Relation To Investigation Into Outside Business Activities
- Crown Capital Securities Broker, Kenneth Barroga, Has Had Four Customer Complaint Disclosures