Merrill Lynch Financial Advisor, Bernie Adair, Has Eight Customer Complaints Disclosed On His CRD Allegeding Various Sales Practice Violations
Bernie Adair (CRD # 1535429) is a Financial Advisor at Merrill Lynch in Jupiter, FL. Bernie Adair has been in the securities industry since 1986 and previously worked at Dominick & Dominick, Prescott, Ball & Turben, Gulfstream Financial, First American Asset Management Group, and Welco Securities.
According to publicly available records released by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), Bernie Adair has eight customer complaints disclosed on his CRD, including the following:
- July 2019 – “The Power of Attorney for client alleges an unsuitable investment recommendation, misrepresentation and improperly completed account documentation concerning a variable annuity.” Alleged damages are $550,000. The matter is currently pending.
- June 2009 – “CLIENT ALLEGES THAT THE FINANCIAL ADVISOR MADE UNAUTHORIZED TRADES AND UNSUITABLE INVESTMENT RECOMMENDATIONS AND FAILED TO FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS.” The matter settled for $45,000.
- October 1996 – “CLIENT ALLEGES UNSUITABLE TRADING IN STROCKS AND MUTUAL FUNDS INCLUDING UNAUTHORIZED TRADES AND THE USE OF MARGIN AND SEEKS ACTUAL DAMAGES OF $100,000 AS WELL AS UNSPECIFIED INTEREST, COSTSS AND ATTORNEYS’ FEES.” The matter settled for $75,000.
For a copy of Bernie Adair’s CRD, click https://brokercheck.finra.org/individual/summary/1535429.
Financial advisors have a legal and regulatory obligation to recommend only suitable investments that are appropriate for their clients’ needs and objectives. Their employing brokerage firm has a legal and regulatory obligation to supervise the Financial Advisors’ sales practices and dealings with clients. To the extent any of these duties are breached, the customer may be entitled to a recovery of his or her investment losses.
The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration on a contingency fee basis. Matt Wolper, the Managing Principal of the Wolper Law Firm, is a trial lawyer who has handled hundreds of securities cases during his career involving a wide range of products, strategies and securities. Prior to representing investors, he was a partner with a national law firm, where he represented some of the largest banks and brokerage firms in the world in securities matters. We can be reached at 800.931.8452 or by email at email@example.com.
- FINRA Reports That Margin Levels in Customer Accounts Have Reached All-Time Highs of More Than $722 Billion
- How to Stop Stock Loss Caused by Your Broker-Dealer
- Former LPL Financial LLC Broker, Maziar Monshi, Has Had Three Customer Complaint Disclosures Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct
- Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated Broker, John Gatto, Has Had Eight Customer Complaint Disclosures Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct
- Wells Fargo Clearing Services, LLC Broker, Kevin Schaefer, Has Had Six Customer Complaint Disclosures Throughout His Career
- Former LPL Financial Broker, Michael Tavel, Suspended by FINRA for 18 Months After Allegedly Participating in Private Securities Transactions Away from His Member Firm
- R.F. Lafferty & Co., Inc. Broker Jay Tomlinson Suspended For Three Months and Fined After Allegations of Improperly Exercised Discretion Without Proper Authorization
- Customer Dispute Pending Against Morgan Stanley Broker and Investment Adviser Darryl Cohen for Alleged Misappropriation of Funds
- FINRA Regulatory Complaint Filed Against Investment Adviser and Former Westpark Capital, Inc. Broker, Gregory McCloskey, for Making Private Securities Transactions
- Former J.P. Morgan Securities LLC Financial Advisor, Paul Zakhary, Suspended and Fined By FINRA Over Suitability Rule Violations