Merrill Lynch Financial Advisor, Bernie Adair, Has Eight Customer Complaints Disclosed On His CRD Allegeding Various Sales Practice Violations
Bernie Adair (CRD # 1535429) is a Financial Advisor at Merrill Lynch in Jupiter, FL. Bernie Adair has been in the securities industry since 1986 and previously worked at Dominick & Dominick, Prescott, Ball & Turben, Gulfstream Financial, First American Asset Management Group, and Welco Securities.
According to publicly available records released by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), Bernie Adair has eight customer complaints disclosed on his CRD, including the following:
- July 2019 – “The Power of Attorney for client alleges an unsuitable investment recommendation, misrepresentation and improperly completed account documentation concerning a variable annuity.” Alleged damages are $550,000. The matter is currently pending.
- June 2009 – “CLIENT ALLEGES THAT THE FINANCIAL ADVISOR MADE UNAUTHORIZED TRADES AND UNSUITABLE INVESTMENT RECOMMENDATIONS AND FAILED TO FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS.” The matter settled for $45,000.
- October 1996 – “CLIENT ALLEGES UNSUITABLE TRADING IN STROCKS AND MUTUAL FUNDS INCLUDING UNAUTHORIZED TRADES AND THE USE OF MARGIN AND SEEKS ACTUAL DAMAGES OF $100,000 AS WELL AS UNSPECIFIED INTEREST, COSTSS AND ATTORNEYS’ FEES.” The matter settled for $75,000.
For a copy of Bernie Adair’s CRD, click https://brokercheck.finra.org/individual/summary/1535429.
Financial advisors have a legal and regulatory obligation to recommend only suitable investments that are appropriate for their clients’ needs and objectives. Their employing brokerage firm has a legal and regulatory obligation to supervise the Financial Advisors’ sales practices and dealings with clients. To the extent any of these duties are breached, the customer may be entitled to a recovery of his or her investment losses.
The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration on a contingency fee basis. Matt Wolper, the Managing Principal of the Wolper Law Firm, is a trial lawyer who has handled hundreds of securities cases during his career involving a wide range of products, strategies and securities. Prior to representing investors, he was a partner with a national law firm, where he represented some of the largest banks and brokerage firms in the world in securities matters. We can be reached at 800.931.8452 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Former LPL Financial And Current Royal Alliance Broker, Kevin Barletta, Supsended by FINRA For Two Months And Fined $5,000 For Alleged Improper Trading Practices With REITs
- Former Ameriprise Financial Services, Inc. Broker, Sean Refsnider, Barred By FINRA For Allegedly Converting Assets From An Elderly Client
- Barred Former Financial Services, Inc. Broker, Johnathan Freeze, Has Nine Costumer Complaint Disclosures
- Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Broker, Forrest Jones, Under Investigation By The United States Securities And Exchange Commission
- Former Fortune Financial Services Broker, Jeffrey Butler, Has Had Five Customer Complaint Disclosures
- W & S Brokerage Services, Inc. Broker, Marcus Beasley, Sanctioned And Discharged For Allegedly Engaging In Outside Business Activity
- Former AXA Advisors LLC Broker, Jenna Kang, Barred By FINRA For Failing To Cooperate With Investigation Regarding Whether She Improperly Signed Customer Forms
- Former Vision Brokerage Services, LLC Broker, Dwight Dykstra, Supsended by FINRA For One Year And Fined $10,000, For Allegedly Engaging In Private Securities Transactions
- Four Points Capital Partners LLC Broker, Michael Christopher Martino, Has Had Five Customer Complaint Disclosures
- Former Woodbury Financial Services, Inc. Broker, Ronald Hannes, Barred By FINRA For Failing To Cooperate With FINRA Investigation Regarding The Conversion Of Client Assets