INVESTOR WARNING–Lawrence Fawcett Discharged By Westpark Capital And Sanctioned By FINRA
The Wolper Law Firm is currently investigating claims against Lawrence Fawcett, a former Financial Advisor at Westpark Capital in Los Angeles, CA. Lawrence Fawcett has been in the securities industry since the 2012.
According to publicly available records released by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), during Lawrence Fawcett’s six year career, he has been the subject of five (5) customer complaints and a regulatory investigation. Statistically, this is an exceedingly high number of disclosures for a single Financial Advisor, particularly in light of his short career.
Lawrence Fawcett has two pending customer complaints with combined alleged damages of nearly $300,000. The complaints allege “excessive trading, churning, unsuitable transactions.” In addition, Lawrence Fawcett has three additional complaints filed between 2013-2015 alleging, among other things, unsuitability and unauthorized trading.
In December 2017, FINRA sanctioned Lawrence Fawcett. Lawrence Fawcett accepted findings that he “recommended unsuitable mutual fund transactions to a customer.”
His employer, Westpark Financial, terminated his employment in March 2018 for conducting “business from a non-disclosed location” and making “false representations to the firm.”
Many Westpark Financial Advisors have been the subject of customer complaints. As the Wolper Law Firm reported earlier this month, in June 2017, Reuters published a report analyzing data issued by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA). Reuters reported that “about half of the firm’s 95 brokers have FINRA flags on their records” and that “more than 47% of Westpark brokers once worked at firms that were later expelled by FINRA.”
A link to the Reuters article is at https://www.reuters.com/investigates/special-report/usa-finra-brokers/.
Separately, FINRA has fined Westpark Capital for failure to supervise its Financial Advisors’ sales practices, many of whom have multiple customer complaints, judgments, liens, or regulatory events disclosed on the FINRA BrokerCheck.
If you or someone you know was a customer of Lawrence Fawcett or Westpark Capital and you experienced investment losses, please contact the Wolper Law Firm at 800.931.8452 or by email at email@example.com to discuss your specific situation and the legal options available. The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration.
- Former Vestech Securities Broker, Randy T. Carpen, Barred By FINRA For Failure To Cooperate Into Investigation Of Alleged Excessive Trading
- Former Van Clemens Broker, Peter D. Monson, Suspended Six Months By FINRA For Alleged Excessive And Unsuitable Trading
- The Wolper Law Firm Files $1 Million FINRA Arbitration Claim Against Lighthouse Capital Group Based On The Recommendations Of Financial Advisors, Rena Morris And Stephen Holt
- Former National Securities Corp. Broker, Jason Hawke, Has Eight Customer Complaints, Two Employment Terminations And A Regulatory Sanction
- Former Valic Financial Advisors Broker, Antonio Gutierriez Puente, Barred By FINRA For Failing To Cooperate In Investigation Into Whether He Engaged In Private Securities Transaction
- Cetera Advisor Networks Broker, Victor Rigoni, Has Six Disclosed Customer Complaints, Including Two Pending And Three Settled Complaints
- Investors In Market Linked Notes And Steepener Notes Continue To Experience Loss Of Principal And Income
- Investors In Market Linked CDs Continue To Experience Loss Of Principal And Income
- Recovery Options For Investors Who Purchases GPB Capital Through Kalos Broker, Gary Imel
- Former Cape Securities And Current IBN Financial Services Broker, Kevin Meadows, Suspended Three Months By FINRA