H. Beck Financial Advisor George Oldoerp Censured By FINRA
The Wolper Law Firm is currently investigating claims against George Oldoerp, a former Financial Advisor at H. Beck, Inc. in Corona, California. George Oldoerp first entered the securities industry in the 1980s and has been employed by H. Beck, Inc.
According to publicly available records released by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), on April 12, 2018, George Oldoerp was suspended by FINRA for failing to provide information in response to a subpoena request. FINRA has indicated that it will convert the suspension into a permanent bar unless George Oldoerp complies with the request for information.
In addition, in November 2017, a customer filed a complaint against George Oldoerp, alleging “Registered Representative recommended unsuitably illiquid direct investments including equipment leasing, oil and gas, BDC and non-traded REIT securities. Date of Activity -8/27/2003-11/7/2017.” The alleged damages ae $500,000 and the matter remains pending.
Financial advisors have a legal and regulatory obligation to recommend only suitable investments that are appropriate for their clients’ needs and objectives. Their employing brokerage firm has a legal and regulatory obligation to supervise the Financial Advisors’ sales practices and dealings with clients. To the extent any of these duties are breached, the customer may be entitled to a recovery of his or her investment losses.
If you or someone you know was a customer of George Oldoerp and you experienced investment losses, please contact the Wolper Law Firm at 800.931.8452 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your specific situation and the legal options available. The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration.
Matt Wolper, the Managing Principal of the Wolper Law Firm, is a trial lawyers who has handled hundreds of securities cases during his career involving a wide range of products, strategies and securities. Prior to representing investors, he was a partner with a national law firm, where he represented some of the largest banks and brokerage firms in the world in securities matters. His industry insight, experience and knowledge gives his clients a competitive advantage.
- Triad Sanctioned by FINRA for Violating Member Firm Rules on Supervising Financial Advisors
- Customer Disputes Pending Against First Republic Securities Co. Financial Advisor Matthew Babrick for Making Unsuitable Recommendations
- Customer Dispute Pending Against RBC Capital Markets Financial Advisor Gregory Dudzik for Making Unsuitable Recommendations
- Customer Complaint Alleging Unsuitability Pending Against RBC Capital Markets Investment Advisor Christopher Phillips
- Former Centaurus Financial Investment Advisor Galen Kopman the Subject of Pending Customer Complaint for Recommending Unsuitable Investments
- Former Morgan Stanley Investment Advisor Sumitro Pal Alleged to Have Engaged in Selling Away
- SEC Brings Enforcement Action Against GPB Capital Principals in $1.7B “Ponzi-Like Scheme”; Criminal Charges Also Brought
- Former Woodbury Investment Advisor Lisa Brumm Suspended and Fined for Making Unsuitable Recommendations to Investors
- Former Cambridge Investment Research Financial Advisor Michael Francoeur Barred After Selling Away
- Customer Complaint Pending Against MML Investors Services Financial Advisor Michael Nigro