Former PNC Investments, LLC Financial Advisor, Christine Memet, Barred By FINRA After Allegedly Having Customer Account Statements Mailed To Her Home
The Wolper Law Firm is currently investigating claims against Christine Memet, a former Financial Advisor at PNC Investments, LLC in Hamilton, New Jersey. Christine Memet has been in the securities industry since the 1990s and previously worked for Chase and 1st Discount Brokerage.
According to publicly available records released by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), in 2017, Christine Memet was suspended by FINRA for failing to respond to a request for information concerning her receipt of customer account statements at her home in violation of firm and industry policy. Chritine Memet subsequently appealed the suspension, which was denied on July 27, 2018.
This same conduct led to Christine Memet’s termination by PNC Investments in early 2017. In discharging Christine Memet, PNC determined that she was not honest in her explanation regarding why she was receiving customer account statements at her home. In many instances, this occurs when the Financial Advisor is engaging in account activity that is unauthorized or when the Financial Advisor wants to conceal unsuitable trading activity that has caused investment losses.
Financial advisors have a legal and regulatory obligation to recommend only suitable investments that are appropriate for their clients’ needs and objectives. Their employing brokerage firm has a legal and regulatory obligation to supervise the Financial Advisors’ sales practices and dealings with clients. To the extent any of these duties are breached, the customer may be entitled to a recovery of his or her investment losses.
If you or someone you know was a customer of Christine Memet, and you experienced investment losses, please contact the Wolper Law Firm at 800.931.8452 or by email at email@example.com to discuss your specific situation and the legal options available. The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration.
- Learn How Due Diligence Regulations Protect Investors Seeking Private Placement Transactions
- Triad Investors LLC, Broker and The Just Company Investment Adviser, Mark Just, Has Six Customer Complaints, Including Complaints For The Sale Of Alternative Investments
- Former Stifel, Nicolaus & Company, Inc. Broker Joseph H. Pratt Barred by FINRA for Insider Trading; Customer Complaint Pending
- Former Dinosaur Financial Group, LLC Broker and Investment Adviser David Karandos Has Six Customer Complaints, Including 3 Pending Complaints Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct
- Former Ameriprise Financial Services Broker and Investment Adviser Angel Bardeche Fined and Suspended After Engaging in Unsuitable Mutual Fund Trading for Clients
- Benjamin F. Edwards and Co., Inc. Broker John Griner Fined and Suspended After Allegedly Improperly Exercising Discretion Without Proper Authorization
- FINRA Reports That Margin Levels in Customer Accounts Have Reached All-Time Highs of More Than $722 Billion
- How to Stop Stock Loss Caused by Your Broker-Dealer
- Former LPL Financial LLC Broker, Maziar Monshi, Has Had Three Customer Complaint Disclosures Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct
- Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated Broker, John Gatto, Has Had Eight Customer Complaint Disclosures Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct