Former LPL Financial Broker, Kerry Hoffman Sued By SEC For Selling $3.3 Million In Unregistered Securities In GT Media, Inc.
Kerry Hoffman (CRD # 1061740) was a Financial Advisor at LPL Financial in Mundelein, Illinois. Kerry Hoffman has been in the securities industry since 1982 and previously worked at Raymond James and UBS Financial Services.
According to publicly available records released by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), on July 1, 2019, the Securities Exchange Commission (SEC) filed an enforcement action against Kerry Hoffman, alleging “that Hoffman raised over $3.3 million from approximately 46 investors through the sale of unregistered GT Media, Inc. securities. According to the complaint, Hoffman solicited certain of his advisory clients to invest in GT Media securities without disclosing his financial conflicts of interest, including his compensation from GT Media and his short-term loans to GT Media that were repaid using investor funds.”
The SEC enforcement action comes on the heels of LPL terminating his employment in 2018 for failing to disclose his participation in GT Media. Subsequent to the filing of the SEC enforcement action, a customer filed a complaint, alleging that Kerry Hoffman, predicated on his sale of the unregistered GT Media securities. The complaint, which alleges damages of $550,000, remains pending.
For a copy of Kerry Hoffman’s CRD, click https://brokercheck.finra.org/individual/summary/1061740#disclosuresSection.
Financial advisors have a legal and regulatory obligation to recommend only suitable investments that are appropriate for their clients’ needs and objectives. Their employing brokerage firm has a legal and regulatory obligation to supervise the Financial Advisors’ sales practices and dealings with clients. To the extent any of these duties are breached, the customer may be entitled to a recovery of his or her investment losses.
The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration on a contingency fee basis. Matt Wolper, the Managing Principal of the Wolper Law Firm, is a trial lawyer who has handled hundreds of securities cases during his career involving a wide range of products, strategies and securities. Prior to representing investors, he was a partner with a national law firm, where he represented some of the largest banks and brokerage firms in the world in securities matters. We can be reached at 800.931.8452 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Investment Loss Recovery Options For Investors In The 1INMM Capital, LLC Ponzi Scheme Perpetrated By Actor Zachary Horwitz a/k/a Zachary Avery
- J.W. Cole Financial, Inc. Sanctioned by FINRA for Sales Practices Relating To Sales And Supervision Of LJM Preservation & Growth Fund
- Cambridge Investment Research, Inc., Sanctioned by FINRA for Sales Practices Relating To Sales And Supervision Of LJM Preservation & Growth Fund
- Former Torch Securities Broker Jeremy Johnson Barred By FINRA After Allegedly Making Misrepresentations To Customers
- Former Lincoln Douglas Investments Broker Herbert G. Frey Sanctioned By FINRA For Alleged Unauthorized Trading
- Two Customer Complaints Pending Against Ausdal Financial Partners, Inc. Investment Advisor and Broker Kurt Baldry
- Concorde Investment Services Broker, Mark Huber, Has Two Customer Complaints, Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct
- Unsuitability Allegations Pending Against Previously Registered Voya Financial Advisors, Inc. Financial Advisor and Broker David R. Wall
- Common Types of Alternative Investments
- Did You Purchase GPB Capital Holdings Private Placements Through McNally Financial Services Or Daniel Poland