Former LPL Financial Broker, Jeffrey Vasiloff, Suspended By FINRA For Alleged Unauthorized Trading
Jeffrey Vasiloff a/k/a Jeff Vasiloff (CRD # 3180004) is a former Financial Advisor at LPL Financial, LLC in Vermilion, OH. Jeffrey Vasiloff a/k/a Jeff Vasiloff has been in the securities industry since 1999 and previously worked at Invest Financial Corporation. He currently works for JW Cole Financial.
According to publicly available records released by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), in July 2018, LPL terminated Jeffrey Vasiloff a/k/a Jeff Vasiloff based on allegations that he used “discretion without prior written authorization.” Subsequent to his termination, FINRA commenced an investigation and ultimately sanctioned Jeffrey Vasiloff a/k/a Jeff Vasiloff, suspending him for ten days and imposing a fine. The FINRA sanction states:
“Without admitting or denying the findings, Vasiloff consented to the sanctions and to the entry of findings that he exercised discretion in a customer account without written authorization from the customer. The findings stated that although Vasiloff discussed investment strategies with the customer, he did not speak with the customer about the specific trades on the dates of the transactions. In addition, Vasiloff’s member firm prohibited the exercise of discretion in brokerage accounts.”
For a copy of the FINRA sanction, click https://www.finra.org/sites/default/files/fda_documents/2018059317501%20Jeffrey%20L.%20Vasiloff%20CRD%203180004%20AWC%20jm.pdf
For a copy of Jeffrey Vasiloff a/k/a Jeff Vasiloff’s CRD, click https://brokercheck.finra.org/individual/summary/3180004#disclosuresSection
Financial advisors have a legal and regulatory obligation to recommend only suitable investments that are appropriate for their clients’ needs and objectives. Their employing brokerage firm has a legal and regulatory obligation to supervise the Financial Advisors’ sales practices and dealings with clients. To the extent any of these duties are breached, the customer may be entitled to a recovery of his or her investment losses.
The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration on a contingency fee basis. Matt Wolper, the Managing Principal of the Wolper Law Firm, is a trial lawyer who has handled hundreds of securities cases during his career involving a wide range of products, strategies and securities. Prior to representing investors, he was a partner with a national law firm, where he represented some of the largest banks and brokerage firms in the world in securities matters. We can be reached at 800.931.8452 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Learn How Due Diligence Regulations Protect Investors Seeking Private Placement Transactions
- Triad Investors LLC, Broker and The Just Company Investment Adviser, Mark Just, Has Six Customer Complaints, Including Complaints For The Sale Of Alternative Investments
- Former Stifel, Nicolaus & Company, Inc. Broker Joseph H. Pratt Barred by FINRA for Insider Trading; Customer Complaint Pending
- Former Dinosaur Financial Group, LLC Broker and Investment Adviser David Karandos Has Six Customer Complaints, Including 3 Pending Complaints Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct
- Former Ameriprise Financial Services Broker and Investment Adviser Angel Bardeche Fined and Suspended After Engaging in Unsuitable Mutual Fund Trading for Clients
- Benjamin F. Edwards and Co., Inc. Broker John Griner Fined and Suspended After Allegedly Improperly Exercising Discretion Without Proper Authorization
- FINRA Reports That Margin Levels in Customer Accounts Have Reached All-Time Highs of More Than $722 Billion
- How to Stop Stock Loss Caused by Your Broker-Dealer
- Former LPL Financial LLC Broker, Maziar Monshi, Has Had Three Customer Complaint Disclosures Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct
- Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated Broker, John Gatto, Has Had Eight Customer Complaint Disclosures Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct