- February 23, 2019
- Cambridge Investment Research
Gary Meier is a former Financial Advisor at Cambridge Investment Research in Vancouver, WA. Gary Meier has been in the securities industry since 1987 and previously worked at Symetra Investment Services and Pacific West Securities.
According to publicly available records released by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), Gary Meier has six customer complaints disclosed on his CRD, including five pending complaints, alleging sales practice violations:
- January 2019—”Client alleges misrepresentation of low-priced securities.” Alleged damages are $450,000 and the matter remains pending.
- January 2019—“Client alleges sale of unsuitable stocks.” Alleged damages are $65,000 and the matter remains pending.
- May 2018—”Alleges suitability, breach of fiduciary duty, negligence.” Alleged damages are $252,000 and the matter remains pending.
- March 2018—”Clients allege RR sold them unsuitable products.” Alleged damages are $278,500 and the matter remains pending.
In addition to the customer complaints, in August 2017, the Washington State Division of Securities issued a cease and desist order against Gary Meier, alleging that he “violated the Securities Act of Washington in his capacity as investment advisor representative and registered representative.”
For a copy of the Gary Meier’s CRD, click https://brokercheck.finra.org/individual/summary/1591561#disclosuresSection
Financial advisors have a legal and regulatory obligation to recommend only suitable investments that are appropriate for their clients’ needs and objectives. Their employing brokerage firm has a legal and regulatory obligation to supervise the Financial Advisors’ sales practices and dealings with clients. To the extent any of these duties are breached, the customer may be entitled to a recovery of his or her investment losses.
The Wolper Law Firm, P.A. represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration on a contingency fee basis. Matt Wolper, the Managing Principal of the Wolper Law Firm, P.A., is a trial lawyer who has handled hundreds of securities cases during his career involving a wide range of products, strategies and securities. Prior to representing investors, he was a partner with a national law firm, where he represented some of the largest banks and brokerage firms in the world in securities matters. We can be reached at 800.931.8452 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.