Financial Advisor, James Austin King III, Has Seven Customer Complaints, Five Of Which Have Resulted In Monetary Awards To Customers
The Wolper Law Firm is currently investigating claims against James Austin King III, a Financial Adviser at Commonwealth Financial Network in Greensboro, North Carolina. James King III has been in the securities industry since the 1990s and previously worked at WS Griffith Securities.
According to publicly available records released by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), James King has been the subject of seven customer complaints or arbitrations since 2007, in which customers have alleged sales practice violations. The common allegation among most of these complaints is that James King “promised
inflated rate of return” to the client.
Of these complaints, four went to a final arbitration hearing in 2017 and three awards of $129,000, $550,000, and $128,000 were made to the customer.
For a full copy of James Austin King’s CRD, click https://brokercheck.finra.org/individual/summary/2865236#disclosuresSection.
Financial advisors have a legal and regulatory obligation to recommend only suitable investments that are appropriate for their clients’ needs and objectives. Their employing brokerage firm has a legal and regulatory obligation to supervise the Financial Advisors’ sales practices and dealings with clients. To the extent any of these duties are breached, the customer may be entitled to a recovery of his or her investment losses.
The Wolper Law Firm is interested in speaking with clients of James King as part of its investigation. We can be reached at 800.931.8452 or by email at email@example.com. The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration on a contingency fee basis. Matt Wolper, the Managing Principal of the Wolper Law Firm, is a trial lawyer who has handled hundreds of securities cases during his career involving a wide range of products, strategies and securities. Prior to representing investors, he was a partner with a national law firm, where he represented some of the largest banks and brokerage firms in the world in securities matters.
- Arbitration Claim Filed Against Benjamin Edwards Based On The Sale Of Exchange Traded Products By Financial Advisor Thomas Kintz
- Recent Non-Traded REIT Announcements Signal Trouble on the Horizon for Investors
- Former Centaurus Financial, Inc. Financial Advisor Jonathan Dudley Permanently Barred For Failing To Cooperate In FINRA Investigation Regarding Conversion Of Customer Funds
- Former LPL Financial LLC General Securities Representative Arthur Obermeier Suspended and Fined for Improperly Exercising Discretion Without Proper Authorization
- Former Merrill Lynch General Securities Representative Ryan Raskin Barred By FINRA
- Learn How Due Diligence Regulations Protect Investors Seeking Private Placement Transactions
- Triad Investors LLC, Broker and The Just Company Investment Adviser, Mark Just, Has Six Customer Complaints, Including Complaints For The Sale Of Alternative Investments
- Former Stifel, Nicolaus & Company, Inc. Broker Joseph H. Pratt Barred by FINRA for Insider Trading; Customer Complaint Pending
- Former Dinosaur Financial Group, LLC Broker and Investment Adviser David Karandos Has Six Customer Complaints, Including 3 Pending Complaints Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct
- Former Ameriprise Financial Services Broker and Investment Adviser Angel Bardeche Fined and Suspended After Engaging in Unsuitable Mutual Fund Trading for Clients