Financial Advisor Brandon Stimpson Terminated By Allegis For Failing To Follow Firm’s Code Of Ethics
The Wolper Law Firm is currently investigating claims against Brandon Stimpson, a former Financial Adviser at Allegis Investment Advisors in North Logan, Utah. Brandon Stimpson has been in the securities industry since the 2000s and was previously employed by Signator Financial Services.
According to publicly available records released by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), on December 13, 2017, Allegis terminated Brandon Stimpson after it was determined that he allegedly “failed to follow firm policies and code of ethics.” This discharge comes on the heels of Brandon Stimpson being the subject of eight customer complaints since 2015, including one pending complaint, dated October 2017, in which the customer alleged
“the options strategy that was active in the account was unsuitable and a trade in Aug 2015 cause the account a loss.” The alleged damages are $300,000 and the matter remains pending.
In addition, the other customer complaints against Brandton Stimpson allege:
- December 2016—”Stimpson was named in a customer complain that asserted the following causes of action: unsuitability; unauthorized trading, failure to supervise; and breach of fiduciary duty.” The matter went to a final arbitration hearing and damages of $404,000 were awarded to the customer.
- June 2016—”Client alleges that the strategy in which the advisory account were invested in was unsuitable and a trade in August 2015 caused a loss to the client.” The complaint alleges damages of $400,000 and remains pending.
- November 2015—”Client alleges that a recent trade placed in the advisory account was outside the scope of the strategy.” The matter was settled for $35,000.
For a full copy of Brandon Stimpson’s BrokerCheck disclosures, click https://brokercheck.finra.org/individual/summary/4299623#disclosuresSection
Financial advisors have a legal and regulatory obligation to recommend only suitable investments that are appropriate for their clients’ needs and objectives. Their employing brokerage firm has a legal and regulatory obligation to supervise the Financial Advisors’ sales practices and dealings with clients. To the extent any of these duties are breached, the customer may be entitled to a recovery of his or her investment losses.
The Wolper Law Firm is interested in speaking with clients of Brandon Stimpson as part of its investigation. We can be reached at 800.931.8452 or by email at email@example.com. The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration on a contingency fee basis. Matt Wolper, the Managing Principal of the Wolper Law Firm, is a trial lawyer who has handled hundreds of securities cases during his career involving a wide range of products, strategies and securities. Prior to representing investors, he was a partner with a national law firm, where he represented some of the largest banks and brokerage firms in the world in securities matters.
- Investment Loss Recovery Options For Investors In The 1INMM Capital, LLC Ponzi Scheme Perpetrated By Actor Zachary Horwitz a/k/a Zachary Avery
- J.W. Cole Financial, Inc. Sanctioned by FINRA for Sales Practices Relating To Sales And Supervision Of LJM Preservation & Growth Fund
- Cambridge Investment Research, Inc., Sanctioned by FINRA for Sales Practices Relating To Sales And Supervision Of LJM Preservation & Growth Fund
- Former Torch Securities Broker Jeremy Johnson Barred By FINRA After Allegedly Making Misrepresentations To Customers
- Former Lincoln Douglas Investments Broker Herbert G. Frey Sanctioned By FINRA For Alleged Unauthorized Trading
- Two Customer Complaints Pending Against Ausdal Financial Partners, Inc. Investment Advisor and Broker Kurt Baldry
- Concorde Investment Services Broker, Mark Huber, Has Two Customer Complaints, Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct
- Unsuitability Allegations Pending Against Previously Registered Voya Financial Advisors, Inc. Financial Advisor and Broker David R. Wall
- Common Types of Alternative Investments
- Did You Purchase GPB Capital Holdings Private Placements Through McNally Financial Services Or Daniel Poland