Financial Advisor Peter Klaas Has 5 Customer Complaints And One Regulatory Event
The Wolper Law Firm is currently investigating claims against Peter Klaass, a former Financial Advisor at Allegis Investment Services, LLC in Las Vegas, Nevada. Peter Klaass first entered the securities industry in 1993 and previously worked for Signator Financial Services, LPL Financial, Financial Network Investment Corp. and Edward Jones.
According to publicly available records released by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), Stephen Williams has five (5) customer complaints and one regulatory event
Among the customer complaints against Peter Klaas are the following:
- September 2017—“Client alleges that the options strategy implemented in the account unsuitable and there were misrepresentations regarding the strategy.” Alleged damages are $456,529 and the matter remains pending.
- June 2016—“Client alleges that in the role of supervisor there was failure to meet the standard of care…” Alleged damages are $400,000.
- March 2016—“Client alleges that the advisor on their advisory account did not execute instructions to move out of the market when asked…” The matter was settled for $105,000.
- January 2016—“Client alleges advisor did not follow risk tolerance as agreed.” The matter was settled for $30,000.
In addition, Peter Klaas has also been the subject of a regulatory sanction by the Colorado Division of Securities for placing “advisory clients in high risk and complex options trades that their clients did not understand.”
Financial advisors have a legal and regulatory obligation to recommend only suitable investments that are appropriate for their clients’ needs and objectives. Their employing brokerage firm has a legal and regulatory obligation to supervise the Financial Advisors’ sales practices and dealings with clients. To the extent any of these duties are breached, the customer may be entitled to a recovery of his or her investment losses.
If you or someone you know was a customer of Peter Klaass and you experienced investment losses, please contact the Wolper Law Firm at 800.931.8452 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your specific situation and the legal options available. The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration.
Matt Wolper, the Managing Principal of the Wolper Law Firm, is a trial lawyers who has handled hundreds of securities cases during his career involving a wide range of products, strategies and securities. Prior to representing investors, he was a partner with a national law firm, where he represented some of the largest banks and brokerage firms in the world in securities matters. His industry insight, experience and knowledge gives his clients a competitive advantage.
- Learn How Due Diligence Regulations Protect Investors Seeking Private Placement Transactions
- Triad Investors LLC, Broker and The Just Company Investment Adviser, Mark Just, Has Six Customer Complaints, Including Complaints For The Sale Of Alternative Investments
- Former Stifel, Nicolaus & Company, Inc. Broker Joseph H. Pratt Barred by FINRA for Insider Trading; Customer Complaint Pending
- Former Dinosaur Financial Group, LLC Broker and Investment Adviser David Karandos Has Six Customer Complaints, Including 3 Pending Complaints Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct
- Former Ameriprise Financial Services Broker and Investment Adviser Angel Bardeche Fined and Suspended After Engaging in Unsuitable Mutual Fund Trading for Clients
- Benjamin F. Edwards and Co., Inc. Broker John Griner Fined and Suspended After Allegedly Improperly Exercising Discretion Without Proper Authorization
- FINRA Reports That Margin Levels in Customer Accounts Have Reached All-Time Highs of More Than $722 Billion
- How to Stop Stock Loss Caused by Your Broker-Dealer
- Former LPL Financial LLC Broker, Maziar Monshi, Has Had Three Customer Complaint Disclosures Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct
- Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated Broker, John Gatto, Has Had Eight Customer Complaint Disclosures Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct