Barred Financial Advisor, George Merhoff, Has Twenty-Seven Customer Complaints, Including Seven Pending Complaints, Alleging Sales Practice Violations
George C. Merhoff, Jr. was a Financial Advisor at Cetera Advisors LLC and Pacific West Securities, Inc. in Klamath Falls, OR, and at AAG Securities, Inc. in Cioncinnati, OH. George Merhoff entered the securities industry in 1997.
According to publicly available records released by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), George Merhoff has twenty-seven customer complaints, alleging sales practice violations, including seven pending complaints. In addition, George Merhoff has been the subject of multiple regulatory actions, which has resulted in him being barred from the securities industry.
In June 2019, George Merhoff “failed to provide documents and information requested by FINRA in connection with its review of his issuance of consolidated account reports to customers and his making of undisclosed payments to customers.” FINRA barred George Herhoff indefinitely from acting as a broker or otherwise associating with a broker-dealer firm.
For a copy of the FINRA sanction, click http://www.finra.org/sites/default/files/fda_documents/2018057331001%20George%20C.%20Merhoff%20CRD%202918171%20AWC%20va%20.pdf
In August 2017, the Oregon Department of Consumer and Business Services, Division of Financial Regulation, sanctioned George Merhoff and his firm $70,000.
In addition to the regulatory events, Gabriel Block has been the subject of numerous customer complaints, including the following:
- April 2019 – “Negligence and Breach of Fiduciary Duty.” Alleged damages are $150,000, and the matter is currently pending.
- February 2019 – “Violations of Oregon Securities Laws and FINRA rules, Breach of Fiduciary Duty, Unsuitable Investments, Negligence, Breach of Contract.” The customer alleges $450,000 in damages, and the matter is currently pending.
- October 2018 – “Neligence, Breach of Fiduciary Duty and Contract, and Violation of Oregon Securities Law.” Alleged damages are $500,000.
- October 2018 – “Violation of Oregon Securities Law, Breach of Fiduciary Duty, Unsuitable Investment Recommendations, Violation of NASD And FINRA Rules, Negligence, and Breach of Contract.” Alleged damages are $306,635.
George Merhoff had a $15,948.87 tax lien in April 2018, and another $139,078.02 tax lien in September 2016. For a copy of George Merhoff’s CRD, click https://brokercheck.finra.org/individual/summary/2918171.
Financial advisors have a legal and regulatory obligation to recommend only suitable investments that are appropriate for their clients’ needs and objectives. Their employing brokerage firm has a legal and regulatory obligation to supervise the Financial Advisors’ sales practices and dealings with clients. To the extent any of these duties are breached, the customer may be entitled to a recovery of his or her investment losses.
The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration on a contingency fee basis. Matt Wolper, the Managing Principal of the Wolper Law Firm, is a trial lawyer who has handled hundreds of securities cases during his career involving a wide range of products, strategies and securities. Prior to representing investors, he was a partner with a national law firm, where he represented some of the largest banks and brokerage firms in the world in securities matters. We can be reached at 800.931.8452 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What Is the True Value of My Non-Traded Real Estate Investment Trust?
- Former Forest Securities Broker, Jeffrey Scott Nimmow, Barred By FINRA For Engaging In The Sale Of Woodbridge Notes Without Firm Approval
- Former Moors & Cabot Broker, David Gray Dalton, Suspended By FINRA For Exercising Discretionary Trading Authority Without Customer Authorization
- Former Vestech Securities Broker, Randy T. Carpen, Barred By FINRA For Failure To Cooperate Into Investigation Of Alleged Excessive Trading
- Former Van Clemens Broker, Peter D. Monson, Suspended Six Months By FINRA For Alleged Excessive And Unsuitable Trading
- The Wolper Law Firm Files $1 Million FINRA Arbitration Claim Against Lighthouse Capital Group Based On The Recommendations Of Financial Advisors, Rena Morris And Stephen Holt
- Former National Securities Corp. Broker, Jason Hawke, Has Eight Customer Complaints, Two Employment Terminations And A Regulatory Sanction
- Former Valic Financial Advisors Broker, Antonio Gutierriez Puente, Barred By FINRA For Failing To Cooperate In Investigation Into Whether He Engaged In Private Securities Transaction
- Cetera Advisor Networks Broker, Victor Rigoni, Has Six Disclosed Customer Complaints, Including Two Pending And Three Settled Complaints
- Investors In Market Linked Notes And Steepener Notes Continue To Experience Loss Of Principal And Income