WARNING TO INVESTORS—Douglas Leone Was Barred By FINRA And Has Been The Subject Of Numerous Customer Complaints
The Wolper Law Firm is currently investigating claims against Douglas Leone, A former Financial Advisor at Salomon Whitney Financial in Melville, NY. Douglas Leone’s previous associations include Newport Coast Securities and Basic Investors, Inc.
According to publicly available records released by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), Douglas Leone has been the subject of eight (8) customer complaints. This is an exceedingly high number of customer complaints against a single financial advisor in a short period of time. The allegations made in the customer complaints include unauthorized trading, unsuitability, churning, breach of contract, negligence, breach of fiduciary duty and misrepresenting or omitting material facts regarding the purchase and sale of securities.
Separately, in 2017, FINRA initiated an investigation against Douglas Leone for his sales practices. This investigation culminated in a January 2018 censure barring Douglas Leone from associating with any FINRA member brokerage firm. The allegations made by FINRA against Douglas Leone included that he excessively traded accounts and recommended investing in inverse and leveraged exchange traded funds (ETFs), and inaccurately characterized trades as unsolicited (i.e., initiated by the customer) when in fact they were recommended by Douglas Leone.
If you or someone you know was a customer of Douglas Leone and you experienced investment losses, please contact the Wolper Law Firm at 800.931.8452 or by email at email@example.com to discuss your specific situation and the legal options available. The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration.
- Former West Park Capital, Inc. and Laidlaw & Company LTD Broker, Bryan Mazliach, Investigated By FINRA For Alleged Violation Of FINRA Rules
- Former BMO Harris Financial Advisors, Inc. Broker, Lori Ann Sacco, Suspended Six Months By FINRA For Allegedly Altering Customer Account Documents
- Former Woodbury Financial Services, Inc. Broker, Jodie Lane, Suspended Six Months By FINRA For Allegedly Accepting Gifts And Becoming Beneficiary Of A Client
- Broker, Kimberley Schkade-Hill, Supsended by FINRA For Four Months And Fined $10,000 For Allegedly Having Clients Sign Documents In Blank
- LPL Financial LLC Broker, Matthew Clason, Is The Subject Of An SEC Enforcement Action For Allegedly Stealing Hundreds Of Thousands Of Dollars From A Client
- Former Capitol Securities Management Inc. Broker, Michael Rubel, Suspended By FINRA For 45 Days For Allegedly Engaging In Short-term Trading Of Unit Investment Trusts
- Recovering Your Investment Losses In Non-Traded Real Estate Investment Trusts And Business Development Companies
- Former Westpark Capital, Inc. Broker, Hary Datys, Suspended By FINRA For Fifteen Months For Allegedly Failing To Conduct Due Diligence Before Selling Promissory Notes
- Former Ameriprise Financial Services, LLC Advisor, Arthur Hoffman, Barred By FINRA For Allegedly Failing To Provide Documents In Relation To Investigation Into Outside Business Activities
- Crown Capital Securities Broker, Kenneth Barroga, Has Had Four Customer Complaint Disclosures