WARNING TO INVESTORS—Douglas Leone Was Barred By FINRA And Has Been The Subject Of Numerous Customer Complaints
The Wolper Law Firm is currently investigating claims against Douglas Leone, A former Financial Advisor at Salomon Whitney Financial in Melville, NY. Douglas Leone’s previous associations include Newport Coast Securities and Basic Investors, Inc.
According to publicly available records released by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), Douglas Leone has been the subject of eight (8) customer complaints. This is an exceedingly high number of customer complaints against a single financial advisor in a short period of time. The allegations made in the customer complaints include unauthorized trading, unsuitability, churning, breach of contract, negligence, breach of fiduciary duty and misrepresenting or omitting material facts regarding the purchase and sale of securities.
Separately, in 2017, FINRA initiated an investigation against Douglas Leone for his sales practices. This investigation culminated in a January 2018 censure barring Douglas Leone from associating with any FINRA member brokerage firm. The allegations made by FINRA against Douglas Leone included that he excessively traded accounts and recommended investing in inverse and leveraged exchange traded funds (ETFs), and inaccurately characterized trades as unsolicited (i.e., initiated by the customer) when in fact they were recommended by Douglas Leone.
If you or someone you know was a customer of Douglas Leone and you experienced investment losses, please contact the Wolper Law Firm at 800.931.8452 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your specific situation and the legal options available. The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration.
- (no title)
- Arbitration Claim Filed Against Benjamin Edwards Based On The Sale Of Exchange Traded Products By Financial Advisor Thomas Kintz
- Recent Non-Traded REIT Announcements Signal Trouble on the Horizon for Investors
- Former Centaurus Financial, Inc. Financial Advisor Jonathan Dudley Permanently Barred For Failing To Cooperate In FINRA Investigation Regarding Conversion Of Customer Funds
- Former LPL Financial LLC General Securities Representative Arthur Obermeier Suspended and Fined for Improperly Exercising Discretion Without Proper Authorization
- Former Merrill Lynch General Securities Representative Ryan Raskin Barred By FINRA
- Learn How Due Diligence Regulations Protect Investors Seeking Private Placement Transactions
- Triad Investors LLC, Broker and The Just Company Investment Adviser, Mark Just, Has Six Customer Complaints, Including Complaints For The Sale Of Alternative Investments
- Former Stifel, Nicolaus & Company, Inc. Broker Joseph H. Pratt Barred by FINRA for Insider Trading; Customer Complaint Pending
- Former Dinosaur Financial Group, LLC Broker and Investment Adviser David Karandos Has Six Customer Complaints, Including 3 Pending Complaints Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct