WARNING TO INVESTORS—Douglas Leone Was Barred By FINRA And Has Been The Subject Of Numerous Customer Complaints
The Wolper Law Firm is currently investigating claims against Douglas Leone, A former Financial Advisor at Salomon Whitney Financial in Melville, NY. Douglas Leone’s previous associations include Newport Coast Securities and Basic Investors, Inc.
According to publicly available records released by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), Douglas Leone has been the subject of eight (8) customer complaints. This is an exceedingly high number of customer complaints against a single financial advisor in a short period of time. The allegations made in the customer complaints include unauthorized trading, unsuitability, churning, breach of contract, negligence, breach of fiduciary duty and misrepresenting or omitting material facts regarding the purchase and sale of securities.
Separately, in 2017, FINRA initiated an investigation against Douglas Leone for his sales practices. This investigation culminated in a January 2018 censure barring Douglas Leone from associating with any FINRA member brokerage firm. The allegations made by FINRA against Douglas Leone included that he excessively traded accounts and recommended investing in inverse and leveraged exchange traded funds (ETFs), and inaccurately characterized trades as unsolicited (i.e., initiated by the customer) when in fact they were recommended by Douglas Leone.
If you or someone you know was a customer of Douglas Leone and you experienced investment losses, please contact the Wolper Law Firm at 800.931.8452 or by email at email@example.com to discuss your specific situation and the legal options available. The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration.
- Investment Loss Recovery Options For Investors In The 1INMM Capital, LLC Ponzi Scheme Perpetrated By Actor Zachary Horwitz a/k/a Zachary Avery
- J.W. Cole Financial, Inc. Sanctioned by FINRA for Sales Practices Relating To Sales And Supervision Of LJM Preservation & Growth Fund
- Cambridge Investment Research, Inc., Sanctioned by FINRA for Sales Practices Relating To Sales And Supervision Of LJM Preservation & Growth Fund
- Former Torch Securities Broker Jeremy Johnson Barred By FINRA After Allegedly Making Misrepresentations To Customers
- Former Lincoln Douglas Investments Broker Herbert G. Frey Sanctioned By FINRA For Alleged Unauthorized Trading
- Two Customer Complaints Pending Against Ausdal Financial Partners, Inc. Investment Advisor and Broker Kurt Baldry
- Concorde Investment Services Broker, Mark Huber, Has Two Customer Complaints, Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct
- Unsuitability Allegations Pending Against Previously Registered Voya Financial Advisors, Inc. Financial Advisor and Broker David R. Wall
- Common Types of Alternative Investments
- Did You Purchase GPB Capital Holdings Private Placements Through McNally Financial Services Or Daniel Poland