Raymond James Discharges Financial Advisor, Douglas Gildenmeister, For Allegations That He Engaged In Unauthorized Trading
Douglas Gildenmeister (CRD # 801713) is a Financial Advisor at Ameriprise Financial Services in Bellevue, OH. Douglas Gildenmeister has been in the securities industry since 1974 and previously worked at Raymond James, Wachovia Securities, Advest, and Merrill Lynch.
According to publicly available records released by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), Raymond James “discharged” Douglas Gildenmeister in October 2019 for allegations that he engaged “in unauthorized trading by taking discretion in non-discretionary accounts and taking trading instructions from an unauthorized individual.
In addition, Douglas Gildenmeister has been the subject of three customer complaints, including the following:
- July 1995 – “ALLEGES MISREPRESENTATION AND FRAUD.” The matter settled for $62,500.
- May 1995 – “ALLEGES OPTION AND MARGIN ACCOUNT WAS UNSUITABLE AND EXCESSIVE TRADING.” The matter settled for $55,000.
For a copy of Douglas Gildenmeister’s CRD, click https://brokercheck.finra.org/individual/summary/801713.
Financial advisors have a legal and regulatory obligation to recommend only suitable investments that are appropriate for their clients’ needs and objectives. Their employing brokerage firm has a legal and regulatory obligation to supervise the Financial Advisors’ sales practices and dealings with clients. To the extent any of these duties are breached, the customer may be entitled to a recovery of his or her investment losses.
The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration on a contingency fee basis. Matt Wolper, the Managing Principal of the Wolper Law Firm, is a trial lawyer who has handled hundreds of securities cases during his career involving a wide range of products, strategies and securities. Prior to representing investors, he was a partner with a national law firm, where he represented some of the largest banks and brokerage firms in the world in securities matters. We can be reached at 800.931.8452 or by email at email@example.com.
- Moloney Securities Advisor, Jeffrey Max Cohen, Has One Settled And Four Pending Customer Complaints, Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct
- Former Brokers International Financial Services Advisor, Mark C. Perry, Has Two Pending Customer Complaints, Alleging Misappropriation of Funds
- Former SCF Securities Broker, Peter Orlando, Barred Indefinitely By FINRA For Allegedly Improperly Obtaining Control Over The Finances Of His 81-Year Old Widow Client
- How to Know if You’re a Victim of a Ponzi Scheme
- The SEC Obtains Final Judgment Against Former Worden Capital Management Broker, Donald Fowler, For Excessive Trading And Churning In Customer Accounts
- Former Kestra Investment Services Broker, James Daughtry, Barred By FINRA, After Allegations Of Fraudulent And Unauthorized Transactions Entered In Customer Accounts
- Former Cetera Advisors Broker, Scott Kozak, Suspended By FINRA For Two Years, For Allegedly Engaging In Private Securities Transactions
- Caught By Surprise Or Poor Planning?—Recovering Investment Losses From The Recent Stock Market Crash
- Former Merrill Lynch Broker, Jacquin Fink, Has Eleven Customer Complaint Disclosures, Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct
- Former Network 1 Financial Securities Broker, Raymond Thomas, Is The Subject Of A FINRA Enforcement Action