Pruco Financial Advisor, Michael Arteca, Has Five Customer Complaints, Including One Pending Complaint For Misrepresentation
The Wolper Law Firm is currently investigating claims against Michael Arteca, a Financial Advisor at Pruco Securities in Matawan, New Jersey. Michael Arteca has been in the securities industry since the 2002 and previously worked for New England Securities and Maxim Group.
According to publicly available records released by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), on May 2018, Michael Arteca became the subject of a customer complaint for alleged “misrepresentation in the purchase of multiple REITs” or real estate investment trusts. The alleged damages are $200,000
This is not Michael Arteca’s first blemish. In December 2017, a customer alleged “misrepresentation in the purchase of multiple life insurance and variable annuity products.” The matter was settled for $64,227. Three additional customer complaints have been filed against Michael Arteca since 2009, principally relating to the sale of annuities and life insurance products.
Variable annuities are hybrid investment and insurance products that are generally only suitable for investors if they need life insurance and cannot secure it elsewhere. Otherwise, the upfront and embedded fees associated with variable annuities often do not justify the benefits. Financial Advisors sell variable annuities because they pay high, upfront commissions and a commission trail over subsequent years. Many investors do not appreciate the risk factors associated with variable annuities or the illiquidity of the investment product.
Financial advisors have a legal and regulatory obligation to recommend only suitable investments that are appropriate for their clients’ needs and objectives. Their employing brokerage firm has a legal and regulatory obligation to supervise the Financial Advisors’ sales practices and dealings with clients. To the extent any of these duties are breached, the customer may be entitled to a recovery of his or her investment losses.
If you or someone you know was a customer of Michael Arteca and you experienced investment losses, please contact the Wolper Law Firm at 800.931.8452 or by email at email@example.com to discuss your specific situation and the legal options available. The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration.
Matt Wolper, the Managing Principal of the Wolper Law Firm, is a trial lawyer who has handled hundreds of securities cases during his career involving a wide range of products, strategies and securities. Prior to representing investors, he was a partner with a national law firm, where he represented some of the largest banks and brokerage firms in the world in securities matters. Simply put, he knows how the other side evaluates cases, which gives you a competitive advantage.
- Former West Park Capital, Inc. and Laidlaw & Company LTD Broker, Bryan Mazliach, Investigated By FINRA For Alleged Violation Of FINRA Rules
- Former BMO Harris Financial Advisors, Inc. Broker, Lori Ann Sacco, Suspended Six Months By FINRA For Allegedly Altering Customer Account Documents
- Former Woodbury Financial Services, Inc. Broker, Jodie Lane, Suspended Six Months By FINRA For Allegedly Accepting Gifts And Becoming Beneficiary Of A Client
- Broker, Kimberley Schkade-Hill, Supsended by FINRA For Four Months And Fined $10,000 For Allegedly Having Clients Sign Documents In Blank
- LPL Financial LLC Broker, Matthew Clason, Is The Subject Of An SEC Enforcement Action For Allegedly Stealing Hundreds Of Thousands Of Dollars From A Client
- Former Capitol Securities Management Inc. Broker, Michael Rubel, Suspended By FINRA For 45 Days For Allegedly Engaging In Short-term Trading Of Unit Investment Trusts
- Recovering Your Investment Losses In Non-Traded Real Estate Investment Trusts And Business Development Companies
- Former Westpark Capital, Inc. Broker, Hary Datys, Suspended By FINRA For Fifteen Months For Allegedly Failing To Conduct Due Diligence Before Selling Promissory Notes
- Former Ameriprise Financial Services, LLC Advisor, Arthur Hoffman, Barred By FINRA For Allegedly Failing To Provide Documents In Relation To Investigation Into Outside Business Activities
- Crown Capital Securities Broker, Kenneth Barroga, Has Had Four Customer Complaint Disclosures