Paul Avila Discharged By LPL Financial For Violation Of Firm’s Suitability Policy
The Wolper Law Firm is currently investigating claims against Paul Avila, a former Financial Advisor at LPL Financial in Irvine, Califormia. Paul Avila has been in the securities industry since 1990 and previously worked at Banc of America Investment Services, GNA Securities and Dean Witter.
According to publicly available records released by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), in September 2017, Paul Avila was discharged by LPL Financial based on the allegation that he violated the “firm’s suitability policy involving variable annuities transactions.”
Suitability is the cornerstone of proper investment advice. Financial Advisors are duty bound to recommend only securities that are suitable and appropriate for investors based on their investment objectives and risk profile. If a Financial Advisor violates his or her duty to recommend suitable investments, both the Financial Advisor and employing brokerage firm may be held liable for any investment losses.
Paul Avila currently works for JW Cole Financial in San Juan Capistrano, Califormia. If you or someone you know was a customer of Paul Avila and you experienced investment losses, please contact the Wolper Law Firm at 800.931.8452 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your specific situation and the legal options available. The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration.
- Learn How Due Diligence Regulations Protect Investors Seeking Private Placement Transactions
- Triad Investors LLC, Broker and The Just Company Investment Adviser, Mark Just, Has Six Customer Complaints, Including Complaints For The Sale Of Alternative Investments
- Former Stifel, Nicolaus & Company, Inc. Broker Joseph H. Pratt Barred by FINRA for Insider Trading; Customer Complaint Pending
- Former Dinosaur Financial Group, LLC Broker and Investment Adviser David Karandos Has Six Customer Complaints, Including 3 Pending Complaints Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct
- Former Ameriprise Financial Services Broker and Investment Adviser Angel Bardeche Fined and Suspended After Engaging in Unsuitable Mutual Fund Trading for Clients
- Benjamin F. Edwards and Co., Inc. Broker John Griner Fined and Suspended After Allegedly Improperly Exercising Discretion Without Proper Authorization
- FINRA Reports That Margin Levels in Customer Accounts Have Reached All-Time Highs of More Than $722 Billion
- How to Stop Stock Loss Caused by Your Broker-Dealer
- Former LPL Financial LLC Broker, Maziar Monshi, Has Had Three Customer Complaint Disclosures Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct
- Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated Broker, John Gatto, Has Had Eight Customer Complaint Disclosures Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct