Paul Avila Discharged By LPL Financial For Violation Of Firm’s Suitability Policy
The Wolper Law Firm is currently investigating claims against Paul Avila, a former Financial Advisor at LPL Financial in Irvine, Califormia. Paul Avila has been in the securities industry since 1990 and previously worked at Banc of America Investment Services, GNA Securities and Dean Witter.
According to publicly available records released by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), in September 2017, Paul Avila was discharged by LPL Financial based on the allegation that he violated the “firm’s suitability policy involving variable annuities transactions.”
Suitability is the cornerstone of proper investment advice. Financial Advisors are duty bound to recommend only securities that are suitable and appropriate for investors based on their investment objectives and risk profile. If a Financial Advisor violates his or her duty to recommend suitable investments, both the Financial Advisor and employing brokerage firm may be held liable for any investment losses.
Paul Avila currently works for JW Cole Financial in San Juan Capistrano, Califormia. If you or someone you know was a customer of Paul Avila and you experienced investment losses, please contact the Wolper Law Firm at 800.931.8452 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your specific situation and the legal options available. The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration.
- FINRA Accepts Settlement Offer From Cabot Lodge Securities After Alleged Violations of Supervisory and Suitability Rules
- Independent Financial Group Censured and Fined After Rule Violations on Suitability and Supervision Involving Non-Traded REITs
- FINRA Filed An Enforcement Action Against Former IFS Securities Broker Steven Schisler For Allegedly Selling Away
- Cetera Advisors Financial Advisor Patricia Gleason Has Pending Customer Complaint, Alleging Unsuitable Investment Recommendations
- Complaint Pending Against Crown Capital Securities Broker/Advisor John Nguyen for Allegedly Making Unsuitable Recommendations
- Wells Fargo Broker/Advisor Jason Jaynes Has Two Customer Complaints Alleging Unsuitable Investment Recommendations
- Customer Complaint Pending Against Former Sagepoint Financial And Union Capital Company Broker Daniel Dillard Alleging Unsuitable Recommendations
- Investment Loss Recovery Options For Investors In The 1INMM Capital, LLC Ponzi Scheme Perpetrated By Actor Zachary Horwitz a/k/a Zachary Avery
- J.W. Cole Financial, Inc. Sanctioned by FINRA for Sales Practices Relating To Sales And Supervision Of LJM Preservation & Growth Fund
- Cambridge Investment Research, Inc., Sanctioned by FINRA for Sales Practices Relating To Sales And Supervision Of LJM Preservation & Growth Fund