Madison Avenue Securities Broker, Jeffrey Dixson, Has Five Disclosed Customer Complaints, Including Two Pending Complaints, Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct.
Jeffrey Dixson (CRD # 4166311) is a Financial Advisor at Madison Avenue Securities in Vancouver, Washington. Jeffrey Dixson has been in the securities industry since 2000 and previously worked at Pacific West Securities and Intersecurities, Inc.
According to publicly available records released by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), Jeffrey Dixson has had five customers file complaints, alleging sales practice misconduct. Two of those complaints remain pending. The specific customer complaints are as follows:
- August 2019—”Between 4/2012 through 7/2015 the Claimant had transactions in various Alternative Investments that were alleged as unsuitable. The allegations include negligence, professional negligence, violations of law, unsuitable recommendations, negligent supervision, breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty and breach of securities industry rules and regulations.” Alleged damages are $650,000 and the matter remains pending.
- July 2019—“Poor performance and unsuitable investments November 2015.” Alleged damages are $200,000 and the matter remains pending.
- April 2018—”Client upset over the performance of Gemini Fund V $50,000 investment. Dixson was selling RR. 4530 filed under servicing RR Swasey.” The matter was closed.
- September 2015—”Client alleges poor recommendation and poor advice was given in relations to his and his wife’s VA contracts held with Met life Securities. Client alleges that he was not informed about specific product features pertaining to access to his funds and the impact the withdraws would have on his account value.” The matter was settled for $140,000.
In addition to the aforementioned customer complaint disclosures, Jeffrey Dixson was the subject of a regulatory infraction in 2007. According to the State of Washington, “REPRESENTATIVE SOLD VARIABLE ANNUITIES TO WASHINGTON RESIDENTS THAT WERE NOT APPROVED BY THE WA OFFICE OF THE INSURANCE COMMISSIONER (OIC). ADDITIONALLY, THE WA OIC FOUND THAT THE REPRESENTATIVE FALSELY REPRESENTED THAT THE VARIABLE ANNUITY APPLICATIONS WERE SIGNED IN OREGON.” Jeffrey Dixson was fined $6,000 and ordered toi complete continuing education.
For a copy of Jeffrey Dixson’s CRD, click https://brokercheck.finra.org/individual/summary/4166311#disclosuresSection.
Financial advisors have a legal and regulatory obligation to recommend only suitable investments that are appropriate for their clients’ needs and objectives. Their employing brokerage firm has a legal and regulatory obligation to supervise the Financial Advisors’ sales practices and dealings with clients. To the extent any of these duties are breached, the customer may be entitled to a recovery of his or her investment losses.
The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration on a contingency fee basis. Matt Wolper, the Managing Principal of the Wolper Law Firm, is a trial lawyer who has handled hundreds of securities cases during his career involving a wide range of products, strategies and securities. Prior to representing investors, he was a partner with a national law firm, where he represented some of the largest banks and brokerage firms in the world in securities matters. We can be reached at 800.931.8452 or by email at email@example.com.
- Investment Loss Recovery Options For Investors In The 1INMM Capital, LLC Ponzi Scheme Perpetrated By Actor Zachary Horwitz a/k/a Zachary Avery
- J.W. Cole Financial, Inc. Sanctioned by FINRA for Sales Practices Relating To Sales And Supervision Of LJM Preservation & Growth Fund
- Cambridge Investment Research, Inc., Sanctioned by FINRA for Sales Practices Relating To Sales And Supervision Of LJM Preservation & Growth Fund
- Former Torch Securities Broker Jeremy Johnson Barred By FINRA After Allegedly Making Misrepresentations To Customers
- Former Lincoln Douglas Investments Broker Herbert G. Frey Sanctioned By FINRA For Alleged Unauthorized Trading
- Two Customer Complaints Pending Against Ausdal Financial Partners, Inc. Investment Advisor and Broker Kurt Baldry
- Concorde Investment Services Broker, Mark Huber, Has Two Customer Complaints, Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct
- Unsuitability Allegations Pending Against Previously Registered Voya Financial Advisors, Inc. Financial Advisor and Broker David R. Wall
- Common Types of Alternative Investments
- Did You Purchase GPB Capital Holdings Private Placements Through McNally Financial Services Or Daniel Poland