Laidlaw Financial Advisor, Peter Viglione, Has Had Five Customer Complaints Since 2011, Including Two Pending Complaints
Peter Viglione is a Financial Advisor at Laidlaw & Co. in New York, NY. Peter Viglione entered the securities industry in 2003 and previously worked for Portfolio Advisors Alliance, Inc.
According to publicly available records released by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), in February 2019, a customer filed a complaint against Peter Viglione, alleging “excessive trading and commissions.” The complaint alleges dmages of $50,000 and the matter remains pending. In addition, Peter Viglione has been the subject of four additional customer complaints since 2011, including the following:
- May 2018—“Client alleges damages which no specific allegation from 2015-2017.” The matter was settled for $9,375.
- May 2018—“Client alleges unauthorized trading and excessive trading.” Alleged damages are $200,000 and the matter remains pending.
- July 2012—“Customer alleges excessive trading, unauthorized trading and misrepresentation.” The arbitrators awarded the customers $125,000.
- December 2011—“Claimant alleges churning and unauthorized trading.” The matter was settled for $85,000.
For a copy of Peter Viglione’s CRD, click https://brokercheck.finra.org/individual/summary/4697621#disclosuresSection
Financial advisors have a legal and regulatory obligation to recommend only suitable investments that are appropriate for their clients’ needs and objectives. Their employing brokerage firm has a legal and regulatory obligation to supervise the Financial Advisors’ sales practices and dealings with clients. To the extent any of these duties are breached, the customer may be entitled to a recovery of his or her investment losses.
In addition, It is required by FINRA rules and other governing regulations that Financial Advisors obtain authorization for all trades placed in non-discretionary accounts prior to executing those trades. If a trade is unauthorized, the customer may be entitled to rescission of the trade, plus any damages caused or commissions charged.
The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration on a contingency fee basis. Matt Wolper, the Managing Principal of the Wolper Law Firm, is a trial lawyer who has handled hundreds of securities cases during his career involving a wide range of products, strategies and securities. Prior to representing investors, he was a partner with a national law firm, where he represented some of the largest banks and brokerage firms in the world in securities matters. We can be reached at 800.931.8452 or by email at email@example.com.
- Former West Park Capital, Inc. and Laidlaw & Company LTD Broker, Bryan Mazliach, Investigated By FINRA For Alleged Violation Of FINRA Rules
- Former BMO Harris Financial Advisors, Inc. Broker, Lori Ann Sacco, Suspended Six Months By FINRA For Allegedly Altering Customer Account Documents
- Former Woodbury Financial Services, Inc. Broker, Jodie Lane, Suspended Six Months By FINRA For Allegedly Accepting Gifts And Becoming Beneficiary Of A Client
- Broker, Kimberley Schkade-Hill, Supsended by FINRA For Four Months And Fined $10,000 For Allegedly Having Clients Sign Documents In Blank
- LPL Financial LLC Broker, Matthew Clason, Is The Subject Of An SEC Enforcement Action For Allegedly Stealing Hundreds Of Thousands Of Dollars From A Client
- Former Capitol Securities Management Inc. Broker, Michael Rubel, Suspended By FINRA For 45 Days For Allegedly Engaging In Short-term Trading Of Unit Investment Trusts
- Recovering Your Investment Losses In Non-Traded Real Estate Investment Trusts And Business Development Companies
- Former Westpark Capital, Inc. Broker, Hary Datys, Suspended By FINRA For Fifteen Months For Allegedly Failing To Conduct Due Diligence Before Selling Promissory Notes
- Former Ameriprise Financial Services, LLC Advisor, Arthur Hoffman, Barred By FINRA For Allegedly Failing To Provide Documents In Relation To Investigation Into Outside Business Activities
- Crown Capital Securities Broker, Kenneth Barroga, Has Had Four Customer Complaint Disclosures