Laidlaw Financial Advisor, Peter Viglione, Has Had Five Customer Complaints Since 2011, Including Two Pending Complaints
Peter Viglione is a Financial Advisor at Laidlaw & Co. in New York, NY. Peter Viglione entered the securities industry in 2003 and previously worked for Portfolio Advisors Alliance, Inc.
According to publicly available records released by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), in February 2019, a customer filed a complaint against Peter Viglione, alleging “excessive trading and commissions.” The complaint alleges dmages of $50,000 and the matter remains pending. In addition, Peter Viglione has been the subject of four additional customer complaints since 2011, including the following:
- May 2018—“Client alleges damages which no specific allegation from 2015-2017.” The matter was settled for $9,375.
- May 2018—“Client alleges unauthorized trading and excessive trading.” Alleged damages are $200,000 and the matter remains pending.
- July 2012—“Customer alleges excessive trading, unauthorized trading and misrepresentation.” The arbitrators awarded the customers $125,000.
- December 2011—“Claimant alleges churning and unauthorized trading.” The matter was settled for $85,000.
For a copy of Peter Viglione’s CRD, click https://brokercheck.finra.org/individual/summary/4697621#disclosuresSection
Financial advisors have a legal and regulatory obligation to recommend only suitable investments that are appropriate for their clients’ needs and objectives. Their employing brokerage firm has a legal and regulatory obligation to supervise the Financial Advisors’ sales practices and dealings with clients. To the extent any of these duties are breached, the customer may be entitled to a recovery of his or her investment losses.
In addition, It is required by FINRA rules and other governing regulations that Financial Advisors obtain authorization for all trades placed in non-discretionary accounts prior to executing those trades. If a trade is unauthorized, the customer may be entitled to rescission of the trade, plus any damages caused or commissions charged.
The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration on a contingency fee basis. Matt Wolper, the Managing Principal of the Wolper Law Firm, is a trial lawyer who has handled hundreds of securities cases during his career involving a wide range of products, strategies and securities. Prior to representing investors, he was a partner with a national law firm, where he represented some of the largest banks and brokerage firms in the world in securities matters. We can be reached at 800.931.8452 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Investment Loss Recovery Options For Investors In The 1INMM Capital, LLC Ponzi Scheme Perpetrated By Actor Zachary Horwitz a/k/a Zachary Avery
- J.W. Cole Financial, Inc. Sanctioned by FINRA for Sales Practices Relating To Sales And Supervision Of LJM Preservation & Growth Fund
- Cambridge Investment Research, Inc., Sanctioned by FINRA for Sales Practices Relating To Sales And Supervision Of LJM Preservation & Growth Fund
- Former Torch Securities Broker Jeremy Johnson Barred By FINRA After Allegedly Making Misrepresentations To Customers
- Former Lincoln Douglas Investments Broker Herbert G. Frey Sanctioned By FINRA For Alleged Unauthorized Trading
- Two Customer Complaints Pending Against Ausdal Financial Partners, Inc. Investment Advisor and Broker Kurt Baldry
- Concorde Investment Services Broker, Mark Huber, Has Two Customer Complaints, Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct
- Unsuitability Allegations Pending Against Previously Registered Voya Financial Advisors, Inc. Financial Advisor and Broker David R. Wall
- Common Types of Alternative Investments
- Did You Purchase GPB Capital Holdings Private Placements Through McNally Financial Services Or Daniel Poland