- July 25, 2018
- Cabot Lodge Securities
- Breach of Fiduciary Duty
The Wolper Law Firm, P.A. is currently investigating claims against Robert Tweed a/k/ Rusty Tweed, a Financial Advisor at Cabot Lodge Securities in San Marino, California. Robert Tweed a/k/ Rusty Tweed has been in the securities industry since the 1990s and previously worked for Capwest Securities and MAM Securities.
According to publicly available records released by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), o Robert Tweed a/k/ Rusty Tweed has eleven (11) customer complaints, alleging sales practice violations, including one pending customer complaint. Among the specific complaints against Robert Tweed a/k/ Rusty Tweed include:
- May 2018—“Client is alleging poor performance relating to an investment in Vertical US Recovery Fund II.” Alleged damages are $75,000 and the matter remains pending.
- February 2017—“Client is alleging misrepresentation and poor performance in relation to investments made in July of 2013.” Alleged damages are $145,000 and the matter remains pending.
- February 2015—“Claimant alleges breach of fiduciary duty, misrepresentations and omissions, failure to supervise, unfair and deceptive trade practices…and elder abuse.” The matter was settled for $160,000.
- July 2010—Client alleges “unsuitable investments, breach of contract, fraud, breach of fiduciary duty…” The matter was arbitrated and an award of $156,250 was entered in favor of the customer.
- June 2009—Client alleges “fraudulent misrepresentation, fraudulent concealment/omission, negligent misrepresentation…” The matter was arbitrated and an award of $338,000 was entered in favor of the customer.
In addition, Robert Tweed a/k/ Rusty Tweed has been the subject of two regulatory investigations—one by FINRA and one by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). These investigations allege fraudulent sales practices and remain pending.
If you or someone you know was a customer of Robert Tweed a/k/ Rusty Tweed and you experienced investment losses, please contact the Wolper Law Firm, P.A. at 800.931.8452 or by email at email@example.com to discuss your specific situation and the legal options available. The Wolper Law Firm, P.A. represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration.
Matt Wolper, the Managing Principal of the Wolper Law Firm, P.A., is a trial lawyer who has handled hundreds of securities cases during his career involving a wide range of products, strategies and securities. Prior to representing investors, he was a partner with a national law firm, where he represented some of the largest banks and brokerage firms in the world in securities matters. Simply put, he knows how the other side evaluates cases, which gives you a competitive advantage.