INVESTOR WARNING–Financial Advisor Robert Tweed a/k/a Rusty Tweed Has An Eye Popping Eleven Customer Complaints
The Wolper Law Firm is currently investigating claims against Robert Tweed a/k/ Rusty Tweed, a Financial Advisor at Cabot Lodge Securities in San Marino, California. Robert Tweed a/k/ Rusty Tweed has been in the securities industry since the 1990s and previously worked for Capwest Securities and MAM Securities.
According to publicly available records released by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), o Robert Tweed a/k/ Rusty Tweed has eleven (11) customer complaints, alleging sales practice violations, including one pending customer complaint. Among the specific complaints against Robert Tweed a/k/ Rusty Tweed include:
- May 2018—“Client is alleging poor performance relating to an investment in Vertical US Recovery Fund II.” Alleged damages are $75,000 and the matter remains pending.
- February 2017—“Client is alleging misrepresentation and poor performance in relation to investments made in July of 2013.” Alleged damages are $145,000 and the matter remains pending.
- February 2015—“Claimant alleges breach of fiduciary duty, misrepresentations and omissions, failure to supervise, unfair and deceptive trade practices…and elder abuse.” The matter was settled for $160,000.
- July 2010—Client alleges “unsuitable investments, breach of contract, fraud, breach of fiduciary duty…” The matter was arbitrated and an award of $156,250 was entered in favor of the customer.
- June 2009—Client alleges “fraudulent misrepresentation, fraudulent concealment/omission, negligent misrepresentation…” The matter was arbitrated and an award of $338,000 was entered in favor of the customer.
In addition, Robert Tweed a/k/ Rusty Tweed has been the subject of two regulatory investigations—one by FINRA and one by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). These investigations allege fraudulent sales practices and remain pending.
If you or someone you know was a customer of Robert Tweed a/k/ Rusty Tweed and you experienced investment losses, please contact the Wolper Law Firm at 800.931.8452 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your specific situation and the legal options available. The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration.
Matt Wolper, the Managing Principal of the Wolper Law Firm, is a trial lawyer who has handled hundreds of securities cases during his career involving a wide range of products, strategies and securities. Prior to representing investors, he was a partner with a national law firm, where he represented some of the largest banks and brokerage firms in the world in securities matters. Simply put, he knows how the other side evaluates cases, which gives you a competitive advantage.
- Former West Park Capital, Inc. and Laidlaw & Company LTD Broker, Bryan Mazliach, Investigated By FINRA For Alleged Violation Of FINRA Rules
- Former BMO Harris Financial Advisors, Inc. Broker, Lori Ann Sacco, Suspended Six Months By FINRA For Allegedly Altering Customer Account Documents
- Former Woodbury Financial Services, Inc. Broker, Jodie Lane, Suspended Six Months By FINRA For Allegedly Accepting Gifts And Becoming Beneficiary Of A Client
- Broker, Kimberley Schkade-Hill, Supsended by FINRA For Four Months And Fined $10,000 For Allegedly Having Clients Sign Documents In Blank
- LPL Financial LLC Broker, Matthew Clason, Is The Subject Of An SEC Enforcement Action For Allegedly Stealing Hundreds Of Thousands Of Dollars From A Client
- Former Capitol Securities Management Inc. Broker, Michael Rubel, Suspended By FINRA For 45 Days For Allegedly Engaging In Short-term Trading Of Unit Investment Trusts
- Recovering Your Investment Losses In Non-Traded Real Estate Investment Trusts And Business Development Companies
- Former Westpark Capital, Inc. Broker, Hary Datys, Suspended By FINRA For Fifteen Months For Allegedly Failing To Conduct Due Diligence Before Selling Promissory Notes
- Former Ameriprise Financial Services, LLC Advisor, Arthur Hoffman, Barred By FINRA For Allegedly Failing To Provide Documents In Relation To Investigation Into Outside Business Activities
- Crown Capital Securities Broker, Kenneth Barroga, Has Had Four Customer Complaint Disclosures