INVESTOR ALERT—Crown Capital Securities Financial Advisor, Lanny Howarter, Has A Pending Customer Complaint For $499,000
The Wolper Law Firm is currently investigating claims against Lanny Howarter, a Financial Advisor at Crown Capital Securities in San Diego, CA. Lanny Howarter has been in the securities industry since the 1970s and previously worked at Equity Services, Inc.
According to publicly available records released by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), on November 21, 2017, a customer filed a complaint against Lanny Howarter, alleging “lack of suitability, fraud, breach of fiduciary duty, negligence and failure to supervise relating to the purchase of various alternative investments.” The customer seeks damages of $499,000 and the matter remains pending.
This is not Lanny Howarter’s first customer complaint. In 2010, a customer alleged that Lanny Howarter made “unsuitable recommendations and misrepresented the product.” That complaint was settled for $250,000. Again, in March 2004, a customer made the same allegations and the complaint was settled for $95,000.
To review all customer complaints and disclosures against Lanny Howarter click https://brokercheck.finra.org/individual/summary/813591#disclosuresSection
Financial advisors have a legal and regulatory obligation to recommend only suitable investments that are appropriate for their clients’ needs and objectives. Their employing brokerage firm has a legal and regulatory obligation to supervise the Financial Advisors’ sales practices and dealings with clients. To the extent any of these duties are breached, the customer may be entitled to a recovery of his or her investment losses.
If you or someone you know was a customer of Lanny Howarter and you experienced investment losses, please contact the Wolper Law Firm at 800.931.8452 or by email at email@example.com to discuss your specific situation and the legal options available. The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration.
Matt Wolper, the Managing Principal of the Wolper Law Firm, is a trial lawyer who has handled hundreds of securities cases during his career involving a wide range of products, strategies and securities. Prior to representing investors, he was a partner with a national law firm, where he represented some of the largest banks and brokerage firms in the world in securities matters.
- FINRA Accepts Settlement Offer From Cabot Lodge Securities After Alleged Violations of Supervisory and Suitability Rules
- Independent Financial Group Censured and Fined After Rule Violations on Suitability and Supervision Involving Non-Traded REITs
- FINRA Filed An Enforcement Action Against Former IFS Securities Broker Steven Schisler For Allegedly Selling Away
- Cetera Advisors Financial Advisor Patricia Gleason Has Pending Customer Complaint, Alleging Unsuitable Investment Recommendations
- Complaint Pending Against Crown Capital Securities Broker/Advisor John Nguyen for Allegedly Making Unsuitable Recommendations
- Wells Fargo Broker/Advisor Jason Jaynes Has Two Customer Complaints Alleging Unsuitable Investment Recommendations
- Customer Complaint Pending Against Former Sagepoint Financial And Union Capital Company Broker Daniel Dillard Alleging Unsuitable Recommendations
- Investment Loss Recovery Options For Investors In The 1INMM Capital, LLC Ponzi Scheme Perpetrated By Actor Zachary Horwitz a/k/a Zachary Avery
- J.W. Cole Financial, Inc. Sanctioned by FINRA for Sales Practices Relating To Sales And Supervision Of LJM Preservation & Growth Fund
- Cambridge Investment Research, Inc., Sanctioned by FINRA for Sales Practices Relating To Sales And Supervision Of LJM Preservation & Growth Fund