Independent Financial Group Broker, Kenneth Guerra, Has A Pending Customer Complaint Involving The Sale Of Alternative Investments
Kenneth Guerra (CRD # 1337062) is a Financial Advisor at Independent Financial Group in Grants Pass, Oregon. Kenneth Guerra previously worked at ING Financial Partners.
According to publicly available records released by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), on September 5, 2019, a customer complaint was reported against Kenneth Guerra, alleging “despite ttheir stated objectives, they were invested in high-risk alternative investments, resulting in a loss of some of their retirement assets.” The customer seeks damages of $100,000. The dispute remains pending.
In 2013, a second customer filed a complaint against Kenneth Guerra, alleging that the “Non-Traded REIT purchased in 2007-2008 was misrepresented and unsuitable.” The matter was settled for $60,000.
In 1997, Kenneth Guerra was fined by the Department of Consumer and Business Services for the alleged sale of unregistered securities. A fine of $9,136 was imposed.
For a copy of Kenneth Guerra’s CRD, click https://brokercheck.finra.org/individual/summary/1337062#disclosuresSection.
Financial advisors have a legal and regulatory obligation to recommend only suitable investments that are appropriate for their clients’ needs and objectives. Their employing brokerage firm has a legal and regulatory obligation to supervise the Financial Advisors’ sales practices and dealings with clients. To the extent any of these duties are breached, the customer may be entitled to a recovery of his or her investment losses.
The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration on a contingency fee basis. Matt Wolper, the Managing Principal of the Wolper Law Firm, is a trial lawyer who has handled hundreds of securities cases during his career involving a wide range of products, strategies and securities. Prior to representing investors, he was a partner with a national law firm, where he represented some of the largest banks and brokerage firms in the world in securities matters. We can be reached at 800.931.8452 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- First Standard Financial Broker, Frank Venturelli, Suspended Eleven Months By FINRA For Allegedly Engaging In Excessive Trading
- Former RBC Capital Markets Broker, Barry Hartwyk, Suspended By FINRA For 15 Days For Allegedly Exercising Discretion In Client Accounts
- Morgan Stanley Broker, Albert Dishner, Suspended By FINRA For Ten Days For Allegedly Exercising Discretion In Customer Accounts
- Center Street Securities Financial Advisor, Seth Stewart, Has Two Disclosed Customer Complaints
- Arkadios Capital Financial Advisor, Kevin Rainwater, Has Four Disclosed Customer Complaints, And Tax Liens
- Former Western International Securities Broker, Dennis Mehringer, Barred By FINRA
- Aegis Capital Corp. Financial Advisor, Thomas Kelly, Jr., Has Had Fifteen Disclosed Customer Complaints During His Career
- Former O.N. Equity Sales Co. Broker, James Van Ham, Suspended By FINRA, For Allegedly Attempting To Facilitate An Annuity Exchange Away From His Firm
- Former Pruco Securities Broker, Matthew Muratori, Barred By FINRA, After Failing To Cooperate With Investigation Regarding Conversion Of Funds Belonging To Elderly Client
- Did You Purchase GPB Capital Holdings Or Other Alternative Investments From Former Concorde Investment Services And Current DAI Broker, Joseph Michaeletz?