Independent Financial Group Broker, Kenneth Guerra, Has A Pending Customer Complaint Involving The Sale Of Alternative Investments
Kenneth Guerra (CRD # 1337062) is a Financial Advisor at Independent Financial Group in Grants Pass, Oregon. Kenneth Guerra previously worked at ING Financial Partners.
According to publicly available records released by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), on September 5, 2019, a customer complaint was reported against Kenneth Guerra, alleging “despite ttheir stated objectives, they were invested in high-risk alternative investments, resulting in a loss of some of their retirement assets.” The customer seeks damages of $100,000. The dispute remains pending.
In 2013, a second customer filed a complaint against Kenneth Guerra, alleging that the “Non-Traded REIT purchased in 2007-2008 was misrepresented and unsuitable.” The matter was settled for $60,000.
In 1997, Kenneth Guerra was fined by the Department of Consumer and Business Services for the alleged sale of unregistered securities. A fine of $9,136 was imposed.
For a copy of Kenneth Guerra’s CRD, click https://brokercheck.finra.org/individual/summary/1337062#disclosuresSection.
Financial advisors have a legal and regulatory obligation to recommend only suitable investments that are appropriate for their clients’ needs and objectives. Their employing brokerage firm has a legal and regulatory obligation to supervise the Financial Advisors’ sales practices and dealings with clients. To the extent any of these duties are breached, the customer may be entitled to a recovery of his or her investment losses.
The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration on a contingency fee basis. Matt Wolper, the Managing Principal of the Wolper Law Firm, is a trial lawyer who has handled hundreds of securities cases during his career involving a wide range of products, strategies and securities. Prior to representing investors, he was a partner with a national law firm, where he represented some of the largest banks and brokerage firms in the world in securities matters. We can be reached at 800.931.8452 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Investment Loss Recovery Options For Investors In The 1INMM Capital, LLC Ponzi Scheme Perpetrated By Actor Zachary Horwitz a/k/a Zachary Avery
- J.W. Cole Financial, Inc. Sanctioned by FINRA for Sales Practices Relating To Sales And Supervision Of LJM Preservation & Growth Fund
- Cambridge Investment Research, Inc., Sanctioned by FINRA for Sales Practices Relating To Sales And Supervision Of LJM Preservation & Growth Fund
- Former Torch Securities Broker Jeremy Johnson Barred By FINRA After Allegedly Making Misrepresentations To Customers
- Former Lincoln Douglas Investments Broker Herbert G. Frey Sanctioned By FINRA For Alleged Unauthorized Trading
- Two Customer Complaints Pending Against Ausdal Financial Partners, Inc. Investment Advisor and Broker Kurt Baldry
- Concorde Investment Services Broker, Mark Huber, Has Two Customer Complaints, Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct
- Unsuitability Allegations Pending Against Previously Registered Voya Financial Advisors, Inc. Financial Advisor and Broker David R. Wall
- Common Types of Alternative Investments
- Did You Purchase GPB Capital Holdings Private Placements Through McNally Financial Services Or Daniel Poland