Independent Financial Group Broker, Kenneth Guerra, Has A Pending Customer Complaint Involving The Sale Of Alternative Investments
Kenneth Guerra (CRD # 1337062) is a Financial Advisor at Independent Financial Group in Grants Pass, Oregon. Kenneth Guerra previously worked at ING Financial Partners.
According to publicly available records released by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), on September 5, 2019, a customer complaint was reported against Kenneth Guerra, alleging “despite ttheir stated objectives, they were invested in high-risk alternative investments, resulting in a loss of some of their retirement assets.” The customer seeks damages of $100,000. The dispute remains pending.
In 2013, a second customer filed a complaint against Kenneth Guerra, alleging that the “Non-Traded REIT purchased in 2007-2008 was misrepresented and unsuitable.” The matter was settled for $60,000.
In 1997, Kenneth Guerra was fined by the Department of Consumer and Business Services for the alleged sale of unregistered securities. A fine of $9,136 was imposed.
For a copy of Kenneth Guerra’s CRD, click https://brokercheck.finra.org/individual/summary/1337062#disclosuresSection.
Financial advisors have a legal and regulatory obligation to recommend only suitable investments that are appropriate for their clients’ needs and objectives. Their employing brokerage firm has a legal and regulatory obligation to supervise the Financial Advisors’ sales practices and dealings with clients. To the extent any of these duties are breached, the customer may be entitled to a recovery of his or her investment losses.
The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration on a contingency fee basis. Matt Wolper, the Managing Principal of the Wolper Law Firm, is a trial lawyer who has handled hundreds of securities cases during his career involving a wide range of products, strategies and securities. Prior to representing investors, he was a partner with a national law firm, where he represented some of the largest banks and brokerage firms in the world in securities matters. We can be reached at 800.931.8452 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Former West Park Capital, Inc. and Laidlaw & Company LTD Broker, Bryan Mazliach, Investigated By FINRA For Alleged Violation Of FINRA Rules
- Former BMO Harris Financial Advisors, Inc. Broker, Lori Ann Sacco, Suspended Six Months By FINRA For Allegedly Altering Customer Account Documents
- Former Woodbury Financial Services, Inc. Broker, Jodie Lane, Suspended Six Months By FINRA For Allegedly Accepting Gifts And Becoming Beneficiary Of A Client
- Broker, Kimberley Schkade-Hill, Supsended by FINRA For Four Months And Fined $10,000 For Allegedly Having Clients Sign Documents In Blank
- LPL Financial LLC Broker, Matthew Clason, Is The Subject Of An SEC Enforcement Action For Allegedly Stealing Hundreds Of Thousands Of Dollars From A Client
- Former Capitol Securities Management Inc. Broker, Michael Rubel, Suspended By FINRA For 45 Days For Allegedly Engaging In Short-term Trading Of Unit Investment Trusts
- Recovering Your Investment Losses In Non-Traded Real Estate Investment Trusts And Business Development Companies
- Former Westpark Capital, Inc. Broker, Hary Datys, Suspended By FINRA For Fifteen Months For Allegedly Failing To Conduct Due Diligence Before Selling Promissory Notes
- Former Ameriprise Financial Services, LLC Advisor, Arthur Hoffman, Barred By FINRA For Allegedly Failing To Provide Documents In Relation To Investigation Into Outside Business Activities
- Crown Capital Securities Broker, Kenneth Barroga, Has Had Four Customer Complaint Disclosures