Have You Lost Money Investing With Michael Mathias At Summit Brokerage Services In Mt. Kisco, NY?
The Wolper Law Firm is currently investigating claims against Summit Brokerage Services Financial Advisor, Michael Mathias, based in Mt. Kisco, NY.
According to publicly available records released by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), as of June 2018, Michael Mathias has twenty (20) reported customer complaints on his BrokerCheck report. Statistically, it is exceedingly rare for a single Financial Advisor to have this many customer complaints and may be an indication of a systemic failure in Michael Mathias’ investment philosophy and a failure by Summit Brokerage Services to adequately supervise his sales practice activities.
One of the primary allegations of misconduct that has been consistent among the customer complaints filed against Michael Mathias is the recommendation of unsuitable or inappropriate investments based on the customer’s stated investment objectives and risk profile. A pending complaint, filed in August 2017, alleges damages of more than $433,000. Several of the past complaints involve alleged damages of more than $2 million.
Brokerage firms are required by regulation to supervise the Financial Advisors they employ. The failure of a brokerage firm to properly supervise its Financial Advisors imposes liability on the brokerage firm for investment losses caused by the Financial Advisor’s misconduct.
If you or someone you know was a customer of Michael Mathias at Summit Brokerage Services and you experienced investment losses, please contact the Wolper Law Firm at 800.931.8452 or by email at email@example.com to discuss your specific situation and the legal options available. The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration.
- PHX Financial, Inc. Broker, Serge Parakhnevich (Serge Parker), Has Had Two Customer Complaint Disclosures Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct
- Concorde Investment Services, LLC Broker, William Morrow, Has Had Thirteen Customer Complaint Disclosures
- Former David A. Noyes & Company Broker, Stuart Pearl, Has Five Customer Complaint Disclosures, Including A Pending Complaint Alleging Damages Of $2 Million
- Former Peachcap Securities Broker, Aaron Brodt, Has Five Customer Complaint Disclosures
- National Securities Corporation Broker, Shaun Stein, Has Had Five Customer Complaint Disclosures Since April 2012
- Network 1 Financial Securities Inc. Broker, Patrick Teutonico, Has Had Eight Customer Complaint Disclosures Since April 2020
- Former Triad Advisors, Inc Broker, Mark Reffet, Is The Subject Of A Customer Complaint Alleging Over $1.5 Million In Damages
- Alexander Capital Broker, John Slipek, Has Had Five Customer Complaint Disclosures Throughout His Career
- Dawson James Securities, Inc Broker, Rebecca Belicek, Has A Customer Complaint Disclosure
- Alexander Capital, L.P. Broker, Jody Thompson, Suspended Five Months By FINRA For Allegeding Recommending Unsuitable Private Placement Securities