GMS Group Financial Advisor William Ornstein Has Nine Customer Complaints
The Wolper Law Firm is currently investigating claims against William Ornstein, a Financial Advisor at GMS Group in Boca Raton, FL. William Ornstein first entered the securities industry in the 1970s.
According to publicly available records released by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), William Ornstein has been the subject of nine (9) customer complaints for alleged sales practice violations. This is an exceedingly high number of customer complaints against a single Financial Advisor.
Among the customer complaints include the following:
- November 2015—“Client alleges fraudulent sales practices and over-concentration of client’s account…” Alleged damages were $200,000
- November 2009—“Client alleges the AE made unsuitable recommendations…” Alleged damages were $101,183.
- June 2009—“Client alleges that the account executive engaged in unauthorized and unsuitable trading…” The matter was settled for $675,000.
- November 2007—“Client alleges her account was mishandled by the account executive…” Alleged damages were $350,000.
If you or someone you know was a customer of William Ornstein or the GMS Group and you experienced investment losses, please contact the Wolper Law Firm at 800.931.8452 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your specific situation and the legal options available. The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration.
- FINRA Reports That Margin Levels in Customer Accounts Have Reached All-Time Highs of More Than $722 Billion
- How to Stop Stock Loss Caused by Your Broker-Dealer
- Former LPL Financial LLC Broker, Maziar Monshi, Has Had Three Customer Complaint Disclosures Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct
- Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated Broker, John Gatto, Has Had Eight Customer Complaint Disclosures Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct
- Wells Fargo Clearing Services, LLC Broker, Kevin Schaefer, Has Had Six Customer Complaint Disclosures Throughout His Career
- Former LPL Financial Broker, Michael Tavel, Suspended by FINRA for 18 Months After Allegedly Participating in Private Securities Transactions Away from His Member Firm
- R.F. Lafferty & Co., Inc. Broker Jay Tomlinson Suspended For Three Months and Fined After Allegations of Improperly Exercised Discretion Without Proper Authorization
- Customer Dispute Pending Against Morgan Stanley Broker and Investment Adviser Darryl Cohen for Alleged Misappropriation of Funds
- FINRA Regulatory Complaint Filed Against Investment Adviser and Former Westpark Capital, Inc. Broker, Gregory McCloskey, for Making Private Securities Transactions
- Former J.P. Morgan Securities LLC Financial Advisor, Paul Zakhary, Suspended and Fined By FINRA Over Suitability Rule Violations