Former PFS Investments Financial Advisor, Derrick Trussell, Barred From The Industry By FINRA
Derrick Trussell is a former Financial Advisor at PFS Investments Inc. in San Antonio, TX. Derrick Trussel was in the securities industry from 2006 to 2017.
According to publicly available records released by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), in August 2018, Derrick Trussell was barred by FINRA from associating with any FINRA member firm in any capacity for failing to respond to FINRA’s request for information during its investigation that he “engaged in an unapproved outside business activity and/or an undisclosed private securities transaction in which a client’s funds were used to purchase securities not offered by PFSI without the client’s knoedge or consent.” Derrik Trussell was dischareged by PFS in connection with these allegations.
In addition, Derrick Trussel has four pending customer complaints disclosed on his CRD. The allegations include:
- March 2019 – “CUSTOMER ALLEGES THAT TRUSSELL MISREPRESENTED INVESTMETNS NOT SOLD BY PRIMERICA.”
- March 2019 – “CUSTOMER ALLEGES THAT TRUSSELL MADE AN UNAUTHORIZED TRADE.”
- March 2019 – “CUSTOMER ALLEGES THAT TRUSSELL MISREPRESENTED THAT SHE WAS INVESTING HER MONEY WITH PRIMERICA.”
- March 2019 – “CUSTOMER ALLEGES THAT TRUSSEL MISREPRESENTED INVESTMENTS NOT SOLD BY PRIMERICA.”
For a copy of Derrick Trussell’s CRD, click https://brokercheck.finra.org/individual/summary/5197550#disclosuresSection.
Financial advisors have a legal and regulatory obligation to recommend only suitable investments that are appropriate for their clients’ needs and objectives. Their employing brokerage firm has a legal and regulatory obligation to supervise the Financial Advisors’ sales practices and dealings with clients. To the extent any of these duties are breached, the customer may be entitled to a recovery of his or her investment losses.
The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration on a contingency fee basis. Matt Wolper, the Managing Principal of the Wolper Law Firm, is a trial lawyer who has handled hundreds of securities cases during his career involving a wide range of products, strategies and securities. Prior to representing investors, he was a partner with a national law firm, where he represented some of the largest banks and brokerage firms in the world in securities matters. We can be reached at 800.931.8452 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Investment Loss Recovery Options For Investors In The 1INMM Capital, LLC Ponzi Scheme Perpetrated By Actor Zachary Horwitz a/k/a Zachary Avery
- J.W. Cole Financial, Inc. Sanctioned by FINRA for Sales Practices Relating To Sales And Supervision Of LJM Preservation & Growth Fund
- Cambridge Investment Research, Inc., Sanctioned by FINRA for Sales Practices Relating To Sales And Supervision Of LJM Preservation & Growth Fund
- Former Torch Securities Broker Jeremy Johnson Barred By FINRA After Allegedly Making Misrepresentations To Customers
- Former Lincoln Douglas Investments Broker Herbert G. Frey Sanctioned By FINRA For Alleged Unauthorized Trading
- Two Customer Complaints Pending Against Ausdal Financial Partners, Inc. Investment Advisor and Broker Kurt Baldry
- Concorde Investment Services Broker, Mark Huber, Has Two Customer Complaints, Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct
- Unsuitability Allegations Pending Against Previously Registered Voya Financial Advisors, Inc. Financial Advisor and Broker David R. Wall
- Common Types of Alternative Investments
- Did You Purchase GPB Capital Holdings Private Placements Through McNally Financial Services Or Daniel Poland