Former LPL Financial Advisor, Louis Mark Miller, Barred By FINRA After Failing To Comply With A FINRA Investigation Into Allegedly Exercising Discretion Without Prior Authorization
Louis Mark Miller (CRD # 3054955) was a Financial Advisor at LPL Financial LLC in Jericho, NY. Louis Miller has been in the securities industry since 1998 and previously worked at Wells Fargo Advisor, LLC and Prudential Securities Incorporated.
According to publicly available records released by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), in July 2019, Louis Miller was barred by FINRA for failing to “complete and return a FINRA pre-testimony questionnaire and to appear and provide testimony requested by FINRA in connection with its investigation into allegations that he improperly exercised discretion in customer accounts without prior written authorization.”
For a copy of the FINRA sanction, click https://www.finra.org/sites/default/files/fda_documents/2017056829901%20Louis%20Mark%20Miller%20CRD%203054955%20Order%20Accepting%20Offer%20of%20Settlement%20sl.pdf.
In December 2017, Louis Miller was “discharged” by LPL Financial for, “Violation of firm policy with respect to time and price discretion in brokerage accounts.”
For a copy of Louis Miller’s CRD, click https://brokercheck.finra.org/individual/summary/3054955.
Financial advisors have a legal and regulatory obligation to recommend only suitable investments that are appropriate for their clients’ needs and objectives. Their employing brokerage firm has a legal and regulatory obligation to supervise the Financial Advisors’ sales practices and dealings with clients. To the extent any of these duties are breached, the customer may be entitled to a recovery of his or her investment losses.
The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration on a contingency fee basis. Matt Wolper, the Managing Principal of the Wolper Law Firm, is a trial lawyer who has handled hundreds of securities cases during his career involving a wide range of products, strategies and securities. Prior to representing investors, he was a partner with a national law firm, where he represented some of the largest banks and brokerage firms in the world in securities matters. We can be reached at 800.931.8452 or by email at email@example.com.
- (no title)
- Arbitration Claim Filed Against Benjamin Edwards Based On The Sale Of Exchange Traded Products By Financial Advisor Thomas Kintz
- Recent Non-Traded REIT Announcements Signal Trouble on the Horizon for Investors
- Former Centaurus Financial, Inc. Financial Advisor Jonathan Dudley Permanently Barred For Failing To Cooperate In FINRA Investigation Regarding Conversion Of Customer Funds
- Former LPL Financial LLC General Securities Representative Arthur Obermeier Suspended and Fined for Improperly Exercising Discretion Without Proper Authorization
- Former Merrill Lynch General Securities Representative Ryan Raskin Barred By FINRA
- Learn How Due Diligence Regulations Protect Investors Seeking Private Placement Transactions
- Triad Investors LLC, Broker and The Just Company Investment Adviser, Mark Just, Has Six Customer Complaints, Including Complaints For The Sale Of Alternative Investments
- Former Stifel, Nicolaus & Company, Inc. Broker Joseph H. Pratt Barred by FINRA for Insider Trading; Customer Complaint Pending
- Former Dinosaur Financial Group, LLC Broker and Investment Adviser David Karandos Has Six Customer Complaints, Including 3 Pending Complaints Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct