Former HD Vest Financial Advisor, Erin Verespy, Barred By FINRA Based On Allegations She Misappropriated Client Funds
Erin Verespy is a former Financial Advisor at HD Vest Investment Services in Trumbull, CT. Erin Verespy has been in the securities industry since 1996 and previously worked at Bankboston Investor Services.
According to publicly available records released by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), on April 15, 2019, Erin Verespy was sanctioned by FINRA, suspending her from associating with any member brokerage firm. According to the sanction:
“Without admitting or denying the findings, Verespy consented to the sanction and to the entry of findings that she refused to appear for on-the-record testimony requested by FINRA after her member firm amended her Form U4 to reflect that she had been named as a defendant in an investment-related, consumer-initiated civil litigation in which it was alleged that she misused and misappropriated the claimants’ funds in her capacity as bookkeeper and financial advisor.”
For a copy of the FINRA sanction, click https://www.finra.org/sites/default/files/fda_documents/2018058108001%20Erin%20Lynn%20Verespy%20CRD%202727866%20AWC%20jm.pdf
In addition, Erin Verespy was the subject of one customer complaint arising out of the alleged misappropriation of client funds. The matter was settled for $1 million on January 28, 2018.
For a copy of Erin Verespy’s CRD, click https://brokercheck.finra.org/individual/summary/2727866.
Financial advisors have a legal and regulatory obligation to recommend only suitable investments that are appropriate for their clients’ needs and objectives. Their employing brokerage firm has a legal and regulatory obligation to supervise the Financial Advisors’ sales practices and dealings with clients. To the extent any of these duties are breached, the customer may be entitled to a recovery of his or her investment losses.
The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration on a contingency fee basis. Matt Wolper, the Managing Principal of the Wolper Law Firm, is a trial lawyer who has handled hundreds of securities cases during his career involving a wide range of products, strategies and securities. Prior to representing investors, he was a partner with a national law firm, where he represented some of the largest banks and brokerage firms in the world in securities matters. We can be reached at 800.931.8452 or by email at email@example.com.
- Investment Loss Recovery Options For Investors In The 1INMM Capital, LLC Ponzi Scheme Perpetrated By Actor Zachary Horwitz a/k/a Zachary Avery
- J.W. Cole Financial, Inc. Sanctioned by FINRA for Sales Practices Relating To Sales And Supervision Of LJM Preservation & Growth Fund
- Cambridge Investment Research, Inc., Sanctioned by FINRA for Sales Practices Relating To Sales And Supervision Of LJM Preservation & Growth Fund
- Former Torch Securities Broker Jeremy Johnson Barred By FINRA After Allegedly Making Misrepresentations To Customers
- Former Lincoln Douglas Investments Broker Herbert G. Frey Sanctioned By FINRA For Alleged Unauthorized Trading
- Two Customer Complaints Pending Against Ausdal Financial Partners, Inc. Investment Advisor and Broker Kurt Baldry
- Concorde Investment Services Broker, Mark Huber, Has Two Customer Complaints, Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct
- Unsuitability Allegations Pending Against Previously Registered Voya Financial Advisors, Inc. Financial Advisor and Broker David R. Wall
- Common Types of Alternative Investments
- Did You Purchase GPB Capital Holdings Private Placements Through McNally Financial Services Or Daniel Poland