Financial Advisor Donna Barnard Has 11 Customer Complaints Relating To The Alleged Unlawful Sale Of The Woodbridge Mortgage Investment Fund
The Wolper Law Firm is currently investigating claims against Donna Barnard, a former Financial Advisor at HD Vest Investment Services in Kilgore, Texas. Donna Barnard first entered the securities industry in 2004 and previously worked for Signal Securities and Woodmen Financial Services
According to publicly available records released by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), Donna Barnard has eleven (11) customer complaints relating to the alleged unlawful sale of the Woodbridge Mortgage Investment Fund. The aggregate alleged damages from Jerry Raines’ alleged unlawful sale of these unregistered securities measures in the millions.
For years, the Woodbridge Group of Companies, operated a ponzi scheme in which it sold (through outside financial professionals) promissory notes allegedly backed by mortgages. The investment program turned out to be a $1.2 billion ponzi scheme and Woodbridge’s principal, Robert Shapiro is currently under criminal indictment.
According to the SEC’s complaint filed against Woodbridge, the Woodbridge business model was to borrow money from investors in exchange for promissory notes, maturing usually in 12 or 18 months. The notes had an annual interest rate of 5% to 8% payable monthly. The investors’ money was supposed to be issued to lenders in the form of securitized mortgages, but rarely was, according to the SEC. Alan New is allegedly one of the outside financial professionals that sold the fraudulent notes to unsuspecting customers.
In December 2016, Woodbridge declared bankruptcy.
Financial advisors have a legal and regulatory obligation to recommend only suitable investments that are appropriate for their clients’ needs and objectives. Their employing brokerage firm has a legal and regulatory obligation to supervise the Financial Advisors’ sales practices and dealings with clients. To the extent any of these duties are breached, the customer may be entitled to a recovery of his or her investment losses.
If you or someone you know was a customer of Donna Barnard or invested in the Woodbridge Group of Companies or Woodbridge Mortgage Investment Fund and you experienced investment losses, please contact the Wolper Law Firm at 800.931.8452 or by email at email@example.com to discuss your specific situation and the legal options available. The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration.
Matt Wolper, the Managing Principal of the Wolper Law Firm, is a trial lawyers who has handled hundreds of securities cases during his career involving a wide range of products, strategies and securities. Prior to representing investors, he was a partner with a national law firm, where he represented some of the largest banks and brokerage firms in the world in securities matters. His industry insight, experience and knowledge gives his clients a competitive advantage.
- Former Vestech Securities Broker, Randy T. Carpen, Barred By FINRA For Failure To Cooperate Into Investigation Of Alleged Excessive Trading
- Former Van Clemens Broker, Peter D. Monson, Suspended Six Months By FINRA For Alleged Excessive And Unsuitable Trading
- The Wolper Law Firm Files $1 Million FINRA Arbitration Claim Against Lighthouse Capital Group Based On The Recommendations Of Financial Advisors, Rena Morris And Stephen Holt
- Former National Securities Corp. Broker, Jason Hawke, Has Eight Customer Complaints, Two Employment Terminations And A Regulatory Sanction
- Former Valic Financial Advisors Broker, Antonio Gutierriez Puente, Barred By FINRA For Failing To Cooperate In Investigation Into Whether He Engaged In Private Securities Transaction
- Cetera Advisor Networks Broker, Victor Rigoni, Has Six Disclosed Customer Complaints, Including Two Pending And Three Settled Complaints
- Investors In Market Linked Notes And Steepener Notes Continue To Experience Loss Of Principal And Income
- Investors In Market Linked CDs Continue To Experience Loss Of Principal And Income
- Recovery Options For Investors Who Purchases GPB Capital Through Kalos Broker, Gary Imel
- Former Cape Securities And Current IBN Financial Services Broker, Kevin Meadows, Suspended Three Months By FINRA