Former Cetera Financial Advisor, James Gregory McKinney, Investigated By FINRA For Alleged Violation Of FINRA Rules
James G. McKinney (CRD # 2100850) was a Financial Advisor at Cetera Advisors LLC in Tulsa, OK. James McKinney has been in the securities industry since 1991 and previously worked at Securian Financial Services, Inc.
According to publicly available records released by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), on November 5, 2019, James McKinney was named as a respondent in a FINRA complaint alleging that he “failed to comply with FINRA requests for information, documents and on-the-record testimony in connection with an investigation of him for possible violations of FINRA rules.
For a copy of James McKinney’s FINRA sanction click https://www.finra.org/sites/default/files/fda_documents/2018057829001%20JAMES%20G.%20McKINNEY%20CRD%202100850%20Complaint%20jm.pdf.
In addition, James McKinney has two tax liens, a civil lien and three customer complaints disclosed on his CRD alleging the following:
- May 2016 – “In 2016 at attorney for the client alleges that the liquidation and subsequent reinvestment of his 457 plan was not in his best interest.”
- August 2013 – “IN 2013 CLIENTS ALLEGED THAT THEIR LIFE AND ANNUITY CONTRACTS WERE MOVED WITHOUT THEIR KNOWLEDGE.”
- August 2005 – “CLIENT ALLEGES ANNUITIES WERE UNSUITABLE AND RECOMMENDATION TO LIQUIDATE STOCKS & PURCHASE ANNUITIES CAUSED CLIENT TO OWE LARGE AMOUNT IN TAXES.”
For a copy of James McKinney’s CRD, click https://brokercheck.finra.org/individual/summary/2100850#disclosuresSection.
Financial advisors have a legal and regulatory obligation to recommend only suitable investments that are appropriate for their clients’ needs and objectives. Their employing brokerage firm has a legal and regulatory obligation to supervise the Financial Advisors’ sales practices and dealings with clients. To the extent any of these duties are breached, the customer may be entitled to a recovery of his or her investment losses.
The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration on a contingency fee basis. Matt Wolper, the Managing Principal of the Wolper Law Firm, is a trial lawyer who has handled hundreds of securities cases during his career involving a wide range of products, strategies and securities. Prior to representing investors, he was a partner with a national law firm, where he represented some of the largest banks and brokerage firms in the world in securities matters. We can be reached at 800.931.8452 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Investment Loss Recovery Options For Investors In The 1INMM Capital, LLC Ponzi Scheme Perpetrated By Actor Zachary Horwitz a/k/a Zachary Avery
- J.W. Cole Financial, Inc. Sanctioned by FINRA for Sales Practices Relating To Sales And Supervision Of LJM Preservation & Growth Fund
- Cambridge Investment Research, Inc., Sanctioned by FINRA for Sales Practices Relating To Sales And Supervision Of LJM Preservation & Growth Fund
- Former Torch Securities Broker Jeremy Johnson Barred By FINRA After Allegedly Making Misrepresentations To Customers
- Former Lincoln Douglas Investments Broker Herbert G. Frey Sanctioned By FINRA For Alleged Unauthorized Trading
- Two Customer Complaints Pending Against Ausdal Financial Partners, Inc. Investment Advisor and Broker Kurt Baldry
- Concorde Investment Services Broker, Mark Huber, Has Two Customer Complaints, Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct
- Unsuitability Allegations Pending Against Previously Registered Voya Financial Advisors, Inc. Financial Advisor and Broker David R. Wall
- Common Types of Alternative Investments
- Did You Purchase GPB Capital Holdings Private Placements Through McNally Financial Services Or Daniel Poland