Former Capital City Securities Financial Advisor, Clint Keener, Barred By FINRA After Failing To Cooperate In Investigation Into Alleged Unsuitable Investment Recommendations
Clint H. Keener (CRD # 2250146) was a Financial Advisor at Capital City Securities, LLC in Powell, OH. Clint Keener has been in the securities industry since 1996 and previously worked at WRP Investments, Stifel, Nicolaus & Company, McDonald Investments Inc., Michael Patterson, Inc., Quantum Capital Corporation and The Hamilton-Shea Group, Inc.
According to publicly available records released by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), on November 12, 2019, Clint Keener was barred by FINRA for refusing “to appear for FINRA on-the-record testimony requested in connection with an investigation into potential unsuitable recommendations by him.”
For a copy of Clint Keener’s FINRA sanction click https://www.finra.org/sites/default/files/fda_documents/2015048347901%20Clint%20H.%20Keener%20CRD%202250146%20AWC%20va.pdf.
In addition, the State of Ohio Division of Securities suspended Clint Keener in October 2010 because he was “NOT OF GOOD BUSINESS REPUTE AS SET FORTH IN O.R.C. 1707.19(A)(1). Clint Keener was also fined and suspended by FINRA in July 2010 for making “UNSUITABLE TRADE RECOMMENDATIONS IN THE ACCOUNTS OF A CUSTOMER.” In October 2008, Stifel Nicolaus “discharged” Clint Keener for alleged “UNAUTHORIZED TRADING.”
Clint Keener has been the subject of five customer complaints alleging the following:
- August 2008 – “CLIENT ALLEGES BROKER DISCRETION IN CONNECTION WITH MANAGEMENT OF HER ACCOUNT.”
- January 2006 – “CLIENT FEELS MONEY WAS PLACED IN UNSUITABLE INVESTMENTS.” The matter settled for $12,000.
- January 2006 – “CLIENT FEELS THEY WERE MISLEAD ABOUT THE RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH THEIR INVESTMENTS.”
- December 2005 – “CLIENT FEELS THAT THEY WERE MISLEAD ABOUT THE RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH THEIR INVESTMENTS – INAPPROPRIATE INVESTMENTS.” The matter settled for $33,000.
For a copy of Clint Keener’s CRD, click https://brokercheck.finra.org/individual/summary/2250146#disclosuresSection.
Financial advisors have a legal and regulatory obligation to recommend only suitable investments that are appropriate for their clients’ needs and objectives. Their employing brokerage firm has a legal and regulatory obligation to supervise the Financial Advisors’ sales practices and dealings with clients. To the extent any of these duties are breached, the customer may be entitled to a recovery of his or her investment losses.
The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration on a contingency fee basis. Matt Wolper, the Managing Principal of the Wolper Law Firm, is a trial lawyer who has handled hundreds of securities cases during his career involving a wide range of products, strategies and securities. Prior to representing investors, he was a partner with a national law firm, where he represented some of the largest banks and brokerage firms in the world in securities matters. We can be reached at 800.931.8452 or by email at email@example.com.
- Investment Loss Recovery Options For Investors In The 1INMM Capital, LLC Ponzi Scheme Perpetrated By Actor Zachary Horwitz a/k/a Zachary Avery
- J.W. Cole Financial, Inc. Sanctioned by FINRA for Sales Practices Relating To Sales And Supervision Of LJM Preservation & Growth Fund
- Cambridge Investment Research, Inc., Sanctioned by FINRA for Sales Practices Relating To Sales And Supervision Of LJM Preservation & Growth Fund
- Former Torch Securities Broker Jeremy Johnson Barred By FINRA After Allegedly Making Misrepresentations To Customers
- Former Lincoln Douglas Investments Broker Herbert G. Frey Sanctioned By FINRA For Alleged Unauthorized Trading
- Two Customer Complaints Pending Against Ausdal Financial Partners, Inc. Investment Advisor and Broker Kurt Baldry
- Concorde Investment Services Broker, Mark Huber, Has Two Customer Complaints, Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct
- Unsuitability Allegations Pending Against Previously Registered Voya Financial Advisors, Inc. Financial Advisor and Broker David R. Wall
- Common Types of Alternative Investments
- Did You Purchase GPB Capital Holdings Private Placements Through McNally Financial Services Or Daniel Poland