Financial Advisor, John Kittner, Sanctioned By FINRA For Allegedly Exercising Discretion In Accounts Of Elderly Clients
The Wolper Law Firm is currently investigating claims against John Kittner, a former Financial Advisor at Ameritas Investment Corp. in Mesa, Arizona. John Kittner has been in the securities industry since the 2001 and previously worked at Wells Fargo.
According to publicly available records released by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), on October 4, 2018, John Kittner was sanctioned by FINRA for allegedly exercising discretion in the accounts senior investors. Specifically, the FINRA sanction states:
“Registered Representative affiliated with the Firm in late-2017. A short period of time later, the Registered Representative passed away. Immediately before his death, the Registered Representative disclosed that he was involved with a number of private loans or private investments with individuals-some of whom became customers of the Firm-which private loans or investments were neither disclosed to, nor approved by, the Firm. Registered Representative’s affiliation was terminated by the Firm. After the Registered Representative’s death, a number of individuals, including customers new to the Firm, have claimed that the Registered Representative did not return all of the funds privately loaned to or invested with the Registered Representative.”
For a copy of the FINRA sanction, click https://www.finra.org/sites/default/files/fda_documents/2017056550601%20Daniel%20K.%20Kittner%20CRD%204377296%20AWC%20va.pdf
In addition, in November 2017, John Kittner was “permitted to resign” during an ongoing investigation by Ameritus regarding a customer complaint that was filed against him.
If you or someone you know was a customer John Kittner and you experienced investment losses, please contact the Wolper Law Firm at 800.931.8452 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your specific situation and the legal options available. The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration.
Matt Wolper, the Managing Principal of the Wolper Law Firm, is a trial lawyer who has handled hundreds of securities cases during his career involving a wide range of products, strategies and securities. Prior to representing investors, he was a partner with a national law firm, where he represented some of the largest banks and brokerage firms in the world in securities matters.
- Investment Loss Recovery Options For Investors In The 1INMM Capital, LLC Ponzi Scheme Perpetrated By Actor Zachary Horwitz a/k/a Zachary Avery
- J.W. Cole Financial, Inc. Sanctioned by FINRA for Sales Practices Relating To Sales And Supervision Of LJM Preservation & Growth Fund
- Cambridge Investment Research, Inc., Sanctioned by FINRA for Sales Practices Relating To Sales And Supervision Of LJM Preservation & Growth Fund
- Former Torch Securities Broker Jeremy Johnson Barred By FINRA After Allegedly Making Misrepresentations To Customers
- Former Lincoln Douglas Investments Broker Herbert G. Frey Sanctioned By FINRA For Alleged Unauthorized Trading
- Two Customer Complaints Pending Against Ausdal Financial Partners, Inc. Investment Advisor and Broker Kurt Baldry
- Concorde Investment Services Broker, Mark Huber, Has Two Customer Complaints, Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct
- Unsuitability Allegations Pending Against Previously Registered Voya Financial Advisors, Inc. Financial Advisor and Broker David R. Wall
- Common Types of Alternative Investments
- Did You Purchase GPB Capital Holdings Private Placements Through McNally Financial Services Or Daniel Poland