Financial Advisor, Gregory Rusnak, Suspended By FINRA For Allegedly Engaging In Unauthorized Trading
The Wolper Law Firm is currently investigating claims against Gregory Rusnak, a former Financial Adviser at SIGMA Financial Corp. in St. Charles, Illinois. Gregory Rusnak has been in the securities industry since the 1980s and previously worked at Ameriprise Financial.
According to publicly available records released by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), on January 14, 2019, FINRA sanctioned Gregory Rusnak, suspending him from associating with any member brokerage firm for 15 days and fining him. The basis for the sanction was that Gregory Rusnak was allegedly engaging in unauthorized trading in customer accounts. To review a copy of the sanction, click http://www.finra.org/sites/default/files/fda_documents/2017055797701%20Gregory%20Rusnak%20CRD%20150212%20AWC%20va.pdf
In addition, Gregory Rusnak was previously terminated by Edward Jones for “Internal investigation revealed a violation of company policy involving exercise of discretion in customer accounts.” For a full copy of Donald Logan’s CRD and disclosure history, click https://brokercheck.finra.org/individual/summary/1505212.
Financial advisors have a legal and regulatory obligation to recommend only suitable investments that are appropriate for their clients’ needs and objectives. Their employing brokerage firm has a legal and regulatory obligation to supervise the Financial Advisors’ sales practices and dealings with clients. To the extent any of these duties are breached, the customer may be entitled to a recovery of his or her investment losses.
In addition, every transaction must be authorized by the customer prior to execution. The Financial Advisor must not only get authorization for the trade, but also the price and date on which the trade will occur. Financial Advisors who engage in unauthorized trading, or exercise time and price discretion, often do so in order to generate commissions. This type of conduct violates FINRA rules and internal compliance rules of their brokerage firm.
The Wolper Law Firm is interested in speaking with clients of Gregory Rusnak as part of its investigation. We can be reached at 800.931.8452 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration on a contingency fee basis. Matt Wolper, the Managing Principal of the Wolper Law Firm, is a trial lawyer who has handled hundreds of securities cases during his career involving a wide range of products, strategies and securities. Prior to representing investors, he was a partner with a national law firm, where he represented some of the largest banks and brokerage firms in the world in securities matters.
- Learn How Due Diligence Regulations Protect Investors Seeking Private Placement Transactions
- Triad Investors LLC, Broker and The Just Company Investment Adviser, Mark Just, Has Six Customer Complaints, Including Complaints For The Sale Of Alternative Investments
- Former Stifel, Nicolaus & Company, Inc. Broker Joseph H. Pratt Barred by FINRA for Insider Trading; Customer Complaint Pending
- Former Dinosaur Financial Group, LLC Broker and Investment Adviser David Karandos Has Six Customer Complaints, Including 3 Pending Complaints Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct
- Former Ameriprise Financial Services Broker and Investment Adviser Angel Bardeche Fined and Suspended After Engaging in Unsuitable Mutual Fund Trading for Clients
- Benjamin F. Edwards and Co., Inc. Broker John Griner Fined and Suspended After Allegedly Improperly Exercising Discretion Without Proper Authorization
- FINRA Reports That Margin Levels in Customer Accounts Have Reached All-Time Highs of More Than $722 Billion
- How to Stop Stock Loss Caused by Your Broker-Dealer
- Former LPL Financial LLC Broker, Maziar Monshi, Has Had Three Customer Complaint Disclosures Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct
- Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated Broker, John Gatto, Has Had Eight Customer Complaint Disclosures Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct