- June 14, 2018
- Northwestern Mutual Investment Services, LLC
The Wolper Law Firm, P.A. is currently investigating claims against former Northwestern Mutual Investment Services Financial Advisor, Donnell Bowen, from Washington, D.C.
According to publicly available records released by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), effective June 2018, Donnell Bowen was barred from associating with any FINRA member brokerage firm. This disciplinary action was prompted by various sales practices that were being investigated by FINRA and his failure to comply with FINRA’s request for documents.
According to FINRA’s BrokerCheck, Donnell Bowen has a lengthy history of customer complaints—twelve (12) in total. In addition, Donnell Bowen has a prior judgment lien against him. Among the customer complaints against Donnell Bowen include:
- November 2017—Customer complaint filed, alleging that unauthorized changes were made to the customer’s annuity. Damages of more than $290,000 were alleged. The matter was settled for $46,000.
- June 2017—Customer complaint filed, alleging forgery of an annuity distribution. The matter was settled for more than $470,000.
- April 2017—Customer alleged that the insurance investment product issued to her was different than the product presented to her prior to the transaction. The matter was resolved for more than $127,000.
- April 2017—Customer alleged Mr. Bowen and his joint work partner facilitated investments in a fund with Crescent Ridge Capital Partners. The individual operating this fund was charged in March 2017 for violations of federal laws in connection with his investment business.The matter was settled for $225,000.
If you or someone you know was a customer of Donnell Bowen at Northwestern Mutual Investment Services and you experienced investment losses, please contact the Wolper Law Firm, P.A. at 800.931.8452 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org discuss your specific situation and the legal options available. The Wolper Law Firm, P.A. represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration.