Coastal Equities Financial Advisor, Robert Mehlin, Jr., Has Three Customer Complaints, Alleging Sales Practice Violations
Robert C Mehlin, Jr. is a Financial Advisor at Coastal Equities in Fairfield, NJ. Robert Mehlin, Jr. has been in the securities industry since 1981 and previously worked at Dolan & Pitcher, Inc., Gibraltar Securities Co., Tucker Anthony Incorporated, RBC Dain Rauscher, Inc., Citigroup Global Markets, Inc., Morgan Stanley and Wells Fargo Advisors Financial Network, LLC.
According to publicly available records released by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), Robert Mehlin, Jr. has three customer complaint disclosures on his CRD. The allegations include the following sales practice violations:
- January 2012 – “CLAIMANT ALLEGES, INTER ALIA, THAT FROM 2006 TO 2008 THE FA INVESTED THE CLIENT IN UNSUITABLE PORTFOLIOS THAT WERE NOT IN LINE WITH THE CLIENT’S INVESTMENT OBJECTIVES.” The matter settled for $97,500.
- June 2009 – “CLIENT ALLEGES FA PURCHASED STOCK WITHOUT AUTHORIZATION AND THAT IT WAS NOT APPROPRIATE FOR HER INVESTMENT RISKS AND GOALS.”
For a copy of Robert Mehlin, Jr.’s CRD, click https://brokercheck.finra.org/individual/summary/736694#disclosuresSection
Financial advisors have a legal and regulatory obligation to recommend only suitable investments that are appropriate for their clients’ needs and objectives. Their employing brokerage firm has a legal and regulatory obligation to supervise the Financial Advisors’ sales practices and dealings with clients. To the extent any of these duties are breached, the customer may be entitled to a recovery of his or her investment losses.
The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration on a contingency fee basis. Matt Wolper, the Managing Principal of the Wolper Law Firm, is a trial lawyer who has handled hundreds of securities cases during his career involving a wide range of products, strategies and securities. Prior to representing investors, he was a partner with a national law firm, where he represented some of the largest banks and brokerage firms in the world in securities matters. We can be reached at 800.931.8452 or by email at email@example.com.
- Investment Loss Recovery Options For Investors In The 1INMM Capital, LLC Ponzi Scheme Perpetrated By Actor Zachary Horwitz a/k/a Zachary Avery
- J.W. Cole Financial, Inc. Sanctioned by FINRA for Sales Practices Relating To Sales And Supervision Of LJM Preservation & Growth Fund
- Cambridge Investment Research, Inc., Sanctioned by FINRA for Sales Practices Relating To Sales And Supervision Of LJM Preservation & Growth Fund
- Former Torch Securities Broker Jeremy Johnson Barred By FINRA After Allegedly Making Misrepresentations To Customers
- Former Lincoln Douglas Investments Broker Herbert G. Frey Sanctioned By FINRA For Alleged Unauthorized Trading
- Two Customer Complaints Pending Against Ausdal Financial Partners, Inc. Investment Advisor and Broker Kurt Baldry
- Concorde Investment Services Broker, Mark Huber, Has Two Customer Complaints, Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct
- Unsuitability Allegations Pending Against Previously Registered Voya Financial Advisors, Inc. Financial Advisor and Broker David R. Wall
- Common Types of Alternative Investments
- Did You Purchase GPB Capital Holdings Private Placements Through McNally Financial Services Or Daniel Poland