Coastal Equities Financial Advisor, Robert Mehlin, Jr., Has Three Customer Complaints, Alleging Sales Practice Violations
Robert C Mehlin, Jr. is a Financial Advisor at Coastal Equities in Fairfield, NJ. Robert Mehlin, Jr. has been in the securities industry since 1981 and previously worked at Dolan & Pitcher, Inc., Gibraltar Securities Co., Tucker Anthony Incorporated, RBC Dain Rauscher, Inc., Citigroup Global Markets, Inc., Morgan Stanley and Wells Fargo Advisors Financial Network, LLC.
According to publicly available records released by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), Robert Mehlin, Jr. has three customer complaint disclosures on his CRD. The allegations include the following sales practice violations:
- January 2012 – “CLAIMANT ALLEGES, INTER ALIA, THAT FROM 2006 TO 2008 THE FA INVESTED THE CLIENT IN UNSUITABLE PORTFOLIOS THAT WERE NOT IN LINE WITH THE CLIENT’S INVESTMENT OBJECTIVES.” The matter settled for $97,500.
- June 2009 – “CLIENT ALLEGES FA PURCHASED STOCK WITHOUT AUTHORIZATION AND THAT IT WAS NOT APPROPRIATE FOR HER INVESTMENT RISKS AND GOALS.”
For a copy of Robert Mehlin, Jr.’s CRD, click https://brokercheck.finra.org/individual/summary/736694#disclosuresSection
Financial advisors have a legal and regulatory obligation to recommend only suitable investments that are appropriate for their clients’ needs and objectives. Their employing brokerage firm has a legal and regulatory obligation to supervise the Financial Advisors’ sales practices and dealings with clients. To the extent any of these duties are breached, the customer may be entitled to a recovery of his or her investment losses.
The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration on a contingency fee basis. Matt Wolper, the Managing Principal of the Wolper Law Firm, is a trial lawyer who has handled hundreds of securities cases during his career involving a wide range of products, strategies and securities. Prior to representing investors, he was a partner with a national law firm, where he represented some of the largest banks and brokerage firms in the world in securities matters. We can be reached at 800.931.8452 or by email at email@example.com.
- (no title)
- Arbitration Claim Filed Against Benjamin Edwards Based On The Sale Of Exchange Traded Products By Financial Advisor Thomas Kintz
- Recent Non-Traded REIT Announcements Signal Trouble on the Horizon for Investors
- Former Centaurus Financial, Inc. Financial Advisor Jonathan Dudley Permanently Barred For Failing To Cooperate In FINRA Investigation Regarding Conversion Of Customer Funds
- Former LPL Financial LLC General Securities Representative Arthur Obermeier Suspended and Fined for Improperly Exercising Discretion Without Proper Authorization
- Former Merrill Lynch General Securities Representative Ryan Raskin Barred By FINRA
- Learn How Due Diligence Regulations Protect Investors Seeking Private Placement Transactions
- Triad Investors LLC, Broker and The Just Company Investment Adviser, Mark Just, Has Six Customer Complaints, Including Complaints For The Sale Of Alternative Investments
- Former Stifel, Nicolaus & Company, Inc. Broker Joseph H. Pratt Barred by FINRA for Insider Trading; Customer Complaint Pending
- Former Dinosaur Financial Group, LLC Broker and Investment Adviser David Karandos Has Six Customer Complaints, Including 3 Pending Complaints Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct