BREAKING NEWS—SEC Charges Analyst, John Paulsen, With Aiding And Abetting Securities Fraud, By Participating In A “Pay To Play” Scheme
On July 26, 2018, the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) filed a complaint against John Paulsen in the District Court for the Southern District of New York. John Pualsen is a former analyst at a registered broker-dealer headquartered in Alabama. It is alleged that John Paulsen aided and abetted a pay-to-play scheme involving the New York State Common Retirement Fund.
Navnoor Kang, a manager of $50 billion at the Fund, used his position and influence to solicit improper benefits from John Paulsen and his colleague, Deborah Kelley, in exchange for placing trades at John Paulsen’s broker-dealer, which generated commissions for Paulsen. Kang allegedly received thousands of dollars in benefits from John Paulsen and Deborah Kelley, including ski trips and hotel rooms. Paulsen and Kelley sought reimbursement for those expenses from their employing brokerage firm. When inconsistencies were discovered, the broker-dealer launched an internal investigation. The SEC has already charged Kang and Kelley with participating in this pay-to-play scheme.
For a cull copy of the SEC complaint, click https://www.sec.gov/litigation/complaints/2018/comp24218.pdf.
If you or someone you know has experienced investment losses, please contact the Wolper Law Firm at 800.931.8452 or by email at email@example.com to discuss your specific situation and the legal options available. The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration.
Matt Wolper, the Managing Principal of the Wolper Law Firm, is a trial lawyer who has handled hundreds of securities cases during his career involving a wide range of products, strategies and securities. Prior to representing investors, he was a partner with a national law firm, where he represented some of the largest banks and brokerage firms in the world in securities matters. Simply put, he knows how the other side evaluates cases, which gives you a competitive advantage.
- Investment Loss Recovery Options For Investors In The 1INMM Capital, LLC Ponzi Scheme Perpetrated By Actor Zachary Horwitz a/k/a Zachary Avery
- J.W. Cole Financial, Inc. Sanctioned by FINRA for Sales Practices Relating To Sales And Supervision Of LJM Preservation & Growth Fund
- Cambridge Investment Research, Inc., Sanctioned by FINRA for Sales Practices Relating To Sales And Supervision Of LJM Preservation & Growth Fund
- Former Torch Securities Broker Jeremy Johnson Barred By FINRA After Allegedly Making Misrepresentations To Customers
- Former Lincoln Douglas Investments Broker Herbert G. Frey Sanctioned By FINRA For Alleged Unauthorized Trading
- Two Customer Complaints Pending Against Ausdal Financial Partners, Inc. Investment Advisor and Broker Kurt Baldry
- Concorde Investment Services Broker, Mark Huber, Has Two Customer Complaints, Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct
- Unsuitability Allegations Pending Against Previously Registered Voya Financial Advisors, Inc. Financial Advisor and Broker David R. Wall
- Common Types of Alternative Investments
- Did You Purchase GPB Capital Holdings Private Placements Through McNally Financial Services Or Daniel Poland