Berthel Fisher Financial Advisor, Jonathan Pyne, Has Had Six Customer Complaints Since 2011, Including Two Pending Complaints
Jonathan Pyne is a Financial Advisor at Berthel Fisher & Co. in Minneapolis, MN. Jonathan Pyne entered the securities industry in 1995 and previously worked for United Planners Financial Services of America.
According to publicly available records released by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), in January 2019, a customer filed a complaint against Jonathan Pyne, alleging “The client is upset with the overall performance of his account and alleges the investments he purchased between 2007-2015 were unsuitable and misrepresented by the representative. The client also alleges the firm failed to supervise the actions of the representative.” The alleged damages are $150,000 and the matter remains pending.
In addition, Jonathan Pyne has been the subject of five additional customer complaints since 2011, including the following:
- December 2017—”The client alleges that the representative failed to meet his fiduciary obligation by mismanaging her account and failing to communicate with her that her account was losing money. The client also alleges the representative surrendered her annuity without her permission.” The alleged damages are $19,250 and the matter remains pending.
- September 2016—”The client is alleging that the investments she purchased in 2008 and 2009 were unsuitable and misrepresented to her by the representative.” The matter was settled for $48,175.
- April 2014—”THE CLIENT ALLEGES THE INVESTMENTS PURCHASED IN 2007 AND 2008 WERE MISREPRESENTED AND UNSUITABLE. THE CLIENT ALSO ALLEGES THE FIRM FAILED TO SUPERVISE THE REPRESENTATIVE. The matter was settled for $110,000.
For a copy of Jonathan Pyne’s CRD, click https://brokercheck.finra.org/individual/summary/2580510#disclosuresSection
Financial advisors have a legal and regulatory obligation to recommend only suitable investments that are appropriate for their clients’ needs and objectives. Their employing brokerage firm has a legal and regulatory obligation to supervise the Financial Advisors’ sales practices and dealings with clients. To the extent any of these duties are breached, the customer may be entitled to a recovery of his or her investment losses.
The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration on a contingency fee basis. Matt Wolper, the Managing Principal of the Wolper Law Firm, is a trial lawyer who has handled hundreds of securities cases during his career involving a wide range of products, strategies and securities. Prior to representing investors, he was a partner with a national law firm, where he represented some of the largest banks and brokerage firms in the world in securities matters. We can be reached at 800.931.8452 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Learn How Due Diligence Regulations Protect Investors Seeking Private Placement Transactions
- Triad Investors LLC, Broker and The Just Company Investment Adviser, Mark Just, Has Six Customer Complaints, Including Complaints For The Sale Of Alternative Investments
- Former Stifel, Nicolaus & Company, Inc. Broker Joseph H. Pratt Barred by FINRA for Insider Trading; Customer Complaint Pending
- Former Dinosaur Financial Group, LLC Broker and Investment Adviser David Karandos Has Six Customer Complaints, Including 3 Pending Complaints Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct
- Former Ameriprise Financial Services Broker and Investment Adviser Angel Bardeche Fined and Suspended After Engaging in Unsuitable Mutual Fund Trading for Clients
- Benjamin F. Edwards and Co., Inc. Broker John Griner Fined and Suspended After Allegedly Improperly Exercising Discretion Without Proper Authorization
- FINRA Reports That Margin Levels in Customer Accounts Have Reached All-Time Highs of More Than $722 Billion
- How to Stop Stock Loss Caused by Your Broker-Dealer
- Former LPL Financial LLC Broker, Maziar Monshi, Has Had Three Customer Complaint Disclosures Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct
- Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated Broker, John Gatto, Has Had Eight Customer Complaint Disclosures Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct