Ameriprise Financial Advisor, Jeffrey McHale, Has Three Customer Complaints, Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct
Jeffrey McHale (CRD # 2998580) is a Financial Advisor at Ameriprise Financial Services in Hingham, Massachusetts. Jeffrey McHale has been in the securities industry since 1998 and previously worked at Coburn & Meredith and Merrill Lynch.
According to publicly available records released by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), Jeffrey McHale has been the subject of three customer complaints during his career, including two since 2018. The complaints allege the following:
• December 2019—”Claimants allege respondents recommended unsuitable investments including pharmaceutical and biotech stocks while at Ameriprise from 2015-2019. Claimants also allege that their accounts were overconcentrated and certain transactions were marked unsolicited despite being recommended by respondent advisor.” The alleged damages are $650,000 and the matter remains pending.
• December 2018—”Claimant alleges respondent recommended unsuitable investments. Specifically, claimant alleges that respondent recommended a high concentration of equity securities, did not recommend bonds and instead recommended low priced low market cap securities. As a result, claimant alleges he suffered damages of at least $180,000 plus interest and costs.” The alleged damages are $180,000 and the matter remains pending.
• June 2001—”CLIENT ALLEGED THAT HIS REQUEST TO FREE-LOOK A VARIABLE ANNUITY CONTRACT WAS NOT PROCESSED ON TIME. NO SPECIFIC DAMAGES ALLEGED.” The complaint was denied.
For a copy of Jeffrtey McHale’s CRD, click https://brokercheck.finra.org/individual/summary/2998580#disclosuresSection.
Financial advisors have a legal and regulatory obligation to recommend only suitable investments that are appropriate for their clients’ needs and objectives. Their employing brokerage firm has a legal and regulatory obligation to supervise the Financial Advisors’ sales practices and dealings with clients. To the extent any of these duties are breached, the customer may be entitled to a recovery of his or her investment losses.
The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration on a contingency fee basis. Matt Wolper, the Managing Principal of the Wolper Law Firm, is a trial lawyer who has handled hundreds of securities cases during his career involving a wide range of products, strategies and securities. Prior to representing investors, he was a partner with a national law firm, where he represented some of the largest banks and brokerage firms in the world in securities matters. We can be reached at 800.931.8452 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Investment Loss Recovery Options For Investors In The 1INMM Capital, LLC Ponzi Scheme Perpetrated By Actor Zachary Horwitz a/k/a Zachary Avery
- J.W. Cole Financial, Inc. Sanctioned by FINRA for Sales Practices Relating To Sales And Supervision Of LJM Preservation & Growth Fund
- Cambridge Investment Research, Inc., Sanctioned by FINRA for Sales Practices Relating To Sales And Supervision Of LJM Preservation & Growth Fund
- Former Torch Securities Broker Jeremy Johnson Barred By FINRA After Allegedly Making Misrepresentations To Customers
- Former Lincoln Douglas Investments Broker Herbert G. Frey Sanctioned By FINRA For Alleged Unauthorized Trading
- Two Customer Complaints Pending Against Ausdal Financial Partners, Inc. Investment Advisor and Broker Kurt Baldry
- Concorde Investment Services Broker, Mark Huber, Has Two Customer Complaints, Alleging Sales Practice Misconduct
- Unsuitability Allegations Pending Against Previously Registered Voya Financial Advisors, Inc. Financial Advisor and Broker David R. Wall
- Common Types of Alternative Investments
- Did You Purchase GPB Capital Holdings Private Placements Through McNally Financial Services Or Daniel Poland